Notices

Old 04-10-2017, 12:42 PM   #1
Fedwin
Enthusiast
Fedwin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
detached validation window

Hi,

I accidentally detached the validation results window, so it is now free-floating. I can't figure out how to reattach it. I know there must be a simple fix. Thanks.
Fedwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:08 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
One way to reattach it is as follows:

grab the now free floating validation window by its window title bar. Move it over the main Sigil application window above where it would normally sit.

Now slowly move the validation window lower toward the bottom of the Sigil Window and watch for a screen flash that will open up a bare place for it and let go of the mouse.

I had to try this 3 or 4 times to get it to work.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:15 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I don't know whether Sigil is one of them, but some applications will return a floating window to its default position by double-clicking the Title Bar (of the floating window).
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:22 PM   #4
Fedwin
Enthusiast
Fedwin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Thanks! I couldn't get the first method to work, but double clicking on the title bar did the trick.
Fedwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I don't know whether Sigil is one of them, but some applications will return a floating window to its default position by double-clicking the Title Bar (of the floating window).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:27 PM   #6
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Funnily enough, for me Kevin's kludge worked and the double-click did not!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:32 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
It is not a Kludge, just the other way

BTW (with fuss) you can double-dock (tabbed), I have the TOC and Book browser in the same location, with selection tabs .
Old 04-10-2017, 07:38 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Then you just didn't double-click in the right place. I've never had the titlebar double-click not redock a widget.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:04 PM   #9
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Question about the validation window... I am using a very old version of Sigil, and it seems to do everything that I want it to. One of the things that I'm not crazy about is that the validation window (undocked) is application modal, i.e. when it is open, you can't do anything within the application.
Is this still the case with the current version? Would it be possible to make it just another normal window? It seems like it would be a real advantage to have both windows active if you need to make multiple fixes.
Thanks
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:18 PM   #10
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I'm pretty sure you are talking about the "Book View" being modal. The "Preview Pane" is non-modal.

Also, I would highly recommend updating to the latest version. I'm not aware of any reason why someone (a normal someone that is) would wish to stay in the dark ages
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:58 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
Question about the validation window... I am using a very old version of Sigil, and it seems to do everything that I want it to. One of the things that I'm not crazy about is that the validation window (undocked) is application modal, i.e. when it is open, you can't do anything within the application.
Is this still the case with the current version? Would it be possible to make it just another normal window? It seems like it would be a real advantage to have both windows active if you need to make multiple fixes.
Thanks
@SampleAndy - in latest version it is a dockable panel, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	156707

It's been dockable for quite a long time. The changes since 0.8 (maybe even 0.7) are not major if you're editing ePub 2.0. The main changes are support for plugins, and support for ePub 3.0.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:20 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
Thanks
The Validation window (when Sigil had Flightcrew included), never blocked using the edit features in the regular CV window.
Editing in BV is not a solid win and is best avoided. I use the preview pane to sync the CV to the current Paragraph (tag).