Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-04-2016, 11:29 AM   #136
qwerto
qwerto doesn't litterqwerto doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro912
Thank you, rkomar, I understand. If someone knows how to compile koreader for these old Pocketbook Pro devices, please let it know. Thanks.
qwerto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:46 PM   #137
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I'm completely unfamiliar with PB devices, but it might need a bit more than a simple rebuild with the right toolchain (I'm thinking in terms of screen/input/power handling and/or interaction with the host FW).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:40 AM   #138
qwerto
qwerto doesn't litterqwerto doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro912
Yes, I know. I hope either koreader developers will port it to these old PB devices or someone will able to modify (if necessary) and compile the source for them.
qwerto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:52 AM   #139
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
I have been trying to get Koreader to work on a Touch HD (running 5.16.579 firmware) , but with very limited success so far:

I eventually managed to get it to open when I found a tip to vary the pocketbook device.lua, and another to create a en_US folder (which did not exist) in l10n.

However, in testing it is proving incredibly unstable with just basic use failing in the following:

1. Seeking to change any of the settings results in the app crashing with the crash log simply reporting a segmentation fault. (Thus, I am stuck with only those settings I can change in the defaults.lua)

2. Page navigation backwards often causes a crash after 2 or 3 pages - again I just get a segmentation error report.

3. Pinch/zoom font size changes seem to take forever to be implemented.

I am using the last nightly I have found (20170612). Is there an earlier build which people can recommend, or fixes to the latest which they can suggest, or should I just forget Koreader on Pocketbook for the moment?

Ideas?

Last edited by church mouse; 08-14-2017 at 07:19 AM.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:30 AM   #140
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
You don't need to create an en_US folder. That error message is just some annoying noise which should not occur anymore in builds starting a few days ago.

However, I'm afraid any instability is not likely to change in the nearby future. It's always possible that bumping some dependency will result in improvements in the relevant areas though.

Android is a bit hit or miss unfortunately.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:06 AM   #141
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Android is a bit hit or miss unfortunately.
That's why I'm glad, that Pocketbooks run Linux
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:28 AM   #142
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hehe, all of 'em? Sorry. :P

Segmentation faults are rather uncommon outside of Android (and even there I've never experienced it myself).

Here's a link to the old stable. There haven't really been any Pocketbook-specific changes since that I can find in the commit log so I don't think it should do much better or worse.
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...2015.11-stable

My *ahem* source of potential Pocketbook problems doesn't really seem to have any issues with KOReader.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:21 AM   #143
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Hehe, all of 'em? Sorry. :P
AFAIK, yes.

BTW I just want to say thanks for all your work on improving KoReader. This also extends to Ken and a lot of others. It is much appreciated
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:43 PM   #144
Pavati
Pavati began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hi, my Pocketbook Touch Lux 3 says it has W626.5.14.1286 software. Does this match the "versions from 4.4, 5.2 to 5.4" criteria? I'm not sure how to apply the two-digits "pattern" numbers to the software version I posted. Anyway, I have installed KoReader as described on front page, Installed both Applications and System folders into my Pocketbook. The app does not run though. The crash log says that the Pocketbook model is not recognized. Is this due to the firmware? Here is the crash log https://pastebin.com/Pc73ZV0y

Last edited by Pavati; 12-20-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Pavati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:18 AM   #145
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavati View Post
Hi, my Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
If I'm not mistaken that should be fixed by https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3472

You can find the latest builds on http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/
Old 12-31-2017, 05:07 PM   #146
Pavati
Pavati began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3, Kindle Paperwhite 3
I managed to install Koreader with the link you provided, I was originally using installation file from the link in first post of this thread which apparently holds older version.
Thank you for your kind help
Pavati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:56 PM   #147
ElWorm
Zealot
ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.

Device: Kobo H2O, Paperwhite 3, Oasis 2, Pocketbook HD, Glowlight Plus
I've been using Koreader on my Pocketbook Touch HD and really like it. In my opinion, it is superior to the native reader. I do have one gripe: When I want to exit Koreader, I have to hit the menu, select "exit" which then goes to another drop down menu where I can choose between "exit" and "restart". Is there a quicker way to exit? I have tried just shutting down the Pocketbook but sometimes that leaves me with some strange garbled screens as a screensaver.
ElWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:02 PM   #148
ElWorm
Zealot
ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElWorm View Post
I've been using Koreader on my Pocketbook Touch HD and really like it. In my opinion, it is superior to the native reader. I do have one gripe: When I want to exit Koreader, I have to hit the menu, select "exit" which then goes to another drop down menu where I can choose between "exit" and "restart". Is there a quicker way to exit? I have tried just shutting down the Pocketbook but sometimes that leaves me with some strange garbled screens as a screensaver.
Nevermind, I figured it out. A long press seems to work on the first exit.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:25 AM   #149
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElWorm View Post
Nevermind, I figured it out. A long press seems to work on the first exit.
Why not simply go to the Pocketbook homepage by pressing the homepage button? I don't see much need for an extra step to exit the app.

In my Onyx there is no homepage button, so you need to specifically exit the app where you are in, every app has different ways to exit it (or no way) and it's just a headache. Pocketbook is much snappier.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:13 PM   #150
ElWorm
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Why not simply go to the Pocketbook homepage by pressing the homepage button? I don't see much need for an extra step to exit the app.

In my Onyx there is no homepage button, so you need to specifically exit the app where you are in, every app has different ways to exit it (or no way) and it's just a headache. Pocketbook is much snappier.
That doesn't work for me. Pressing the home button just freezes Koreader up. Powering down without exiting Koreader will shut the book off, but it messes up the screensaver.

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pb742, pdf, pocketbook