Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-21-2006, 06:51 PM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Foxit Reader PDF Reader for Pocket PC

Foxit Reader for Pocket PC is a slick utility with a small footprint (1.4MB) that enables you to read PDF documents on your handheld. It's still in beta and as such doesn't support advanced features such as tagged PDF documents, JBIG2 or JPEG2000 encoded images, ICC color profiles, nor does it offer any reflow options to adjust to the small screen.

A free evaluation version is available here.

Alternatives: RepliGo, PocketXpdf, Adobe Reader for Pocket PC, PalmPDF (for Palm OS)
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:31 PM   #2
sangahm
Enthusiast
sangahm began at the beginning.

Device: nook HD, Palm T3, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Dunstan
<snip>...utility with a small footprint (1.4MB) that enables...<snip>
Did you really mean that???? How can a utility or any program be considered having a small footprint with a size over 1MB? While I understand that this is on the PPC, where bloat is accepted, even this has to be a misprint.

-S
sangahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2006, 04:11 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Look at the alternatives...

Adobe Acrobat Reader for PPC: the installer alone is 13+ MB.

PocketXpdf: When I tried it, it used up all of my available free RAM (24+ MB) before it crashed while opening a more complex PDF document.

In light of this I have to agree with Colin that the footprint of Foxit Reader is relatively small.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 09:29 AM   #4
timmins
eBook Obsessive
timmins began at the beginning.

Device: tc1100, q1, hw6945, h6315, x3i
I installed it and it works pretty good.

I just wanted to add that it wouldn't run on my Toshiba e740, which runs PPC2002. It worked on my HP h6315 which runs PPC2003.

My only thought for a drawback is that it doesn't have the auto-tagging ability like Adobe's Reader when you drag a PDF over to the PocketPC. Though I've never had much success tagging for a small screen...
timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:06 AM   #5
luckwang
luckwang began at the beginning.

Now FoxitReader have supported WM 5.0
You can quick here download

luckwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #6
luckwang
luckwang began at the beginning.

hoho~
luckwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:14 PM   #7
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
PocketXpdf: When I tried it, it used up all of my available free RAM (24+ MB) before it crashed while opening a more complex PDF document.
A bit unfair. I've just done a quick check and PocketXpdf takes up just under 2Mb with no open documents. 6.5Mb with a 2.47Mb pdf of Great Expectations loaded.
andym is offline   Reply With Quote