Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-15-2008, 01:45 AM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Publishers equip staff with Sony Reader's

I know this is from March but I had not seen a post on it, Here is the Link

http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6546015.html

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:51 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hey, great initiative, it's about time they caught on. maybe now they'll realize why their readers also want ebooks and start publishing more of them.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2008, 04:00 AM   #3
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hey, great initiative, it's about time they caught on. maybe now they'll realize why their readers also want ebooks and start publishing more of them.
I am in no way a Environmentalist (Politically correct term for latin term Treeus Huggerus ) But I am all for reducing paper output and lightening the load.

JJ
Old 07-15-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
ZenEngineer
Connoisseur
ZenEngineer has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505
Randomhouse actually started using Sony Readers in early 2007. They sent a PRS-500 to the magazine my wife works at, saying it would be better if review books were sent to the magazine as files instead of paper. The magazine staff passed it around for a while, then I got a crack at it and was hooked. Eventually we had to send it back to the publisher, but I was hooked enough to buy my own 505.
ZenEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:38 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
I am in no way a Environmentalist (Politically correct term for latin term Treeus Huggerus ) But I am all for reducing paper output and lightening the load.

JJ
For all I care, they can Treeus Buggerus.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Old 07-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #7
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Then again, the editors can't use a Sony Reader to mark up the pages. The iLiad can do this... sort of. (PDF only.) I think a slightly larger format with a stylus and the right software (capturing editorial marks as gestures, for example) could really capture this market.

Good start, though. And hopefully it will encourage better distribution in ebook format.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #8
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
the actual term is Arbor buggerii.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote