Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #121
SubElement
Connoisseur
SubElement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
WOW! So they must have communicated something, or just sick of all the PW complaints, but I just had the most breezy Kindle CS experience ever.

I just spoke to CS about my replacement KPW fixing my previous lighting issue, but then having large colour splotches all over the screen. I told them I was dissapointed in the product quality and in Amazon. I told the previous CS that it cost me my own money to return and ship to me so I needed to be assured that the product I received would be as advertised.

This amazing CS apologised, and offered to reimburse my return shipping costs, AND, ship the replacement Kindle PW DIRECTLY TO ME IN AUSTRALIA.

I was blown away. She also said, and I quote:

"Also we'll make sure that this time there won't be any problem as the device is checked and tested."

I said I asked for this to happen last time, but they said it wasn't possible, so why now. No reply.

I really hope they are true to their word!
SubElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #122
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
SubElement, that's awesome customer service. Let us know how you are making out!

I received my last replacement on Monday. It has one hole in the screen with the light portruding through at all times, right where the is text, so that's bad. However, the screen coloration is very, very faint on this unit, and the contrast is amazing, so they definitely made improvements in that area. I am keeping that one as the second one. It is not perfect, but after all the defects, it is good in comparison, and, again, the contrast is amazing in comparison to the first units I had.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #123
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
For those interested, I received a call out of the blue from Andrew from Kindle CS saying they have now really solved the problem with the PW and are sending me another one.

I have to give them credit for trying.... but... let's just say I am not convinced. I'll post and let everyone know how it goes, but I'm not expecting it to be color hue free.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #124
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
For those interested, I received a call out of the blue from Andrew from Kindle CS saying they have now really solved the problem with the PW and are sending me another one.

I have to give them credit for trying.... but... let's just say I am not convinced. I'll post and let everyone know how it goes, but I'm not expecting it to be color hue free.
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to hearing about the outcome.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #125
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can't wait to hear what the new one is like!!
The better one I kept for myself which had very faint coloration originally, ended up displaying more pronounced color blobs in the past few weeks. At low light setting, it's very visible
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #126
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:

On pins and needles here! Please keep us posted. I was lucky to get one but the contrast is really poor. So it's a trade off but with custom fonts very easy to fix.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #127
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I have no complaints about my Paperwhite. at rest, the screen has the same gray tones as my K3 does. When lit, there *may* be a slight pinkish tint in the lower right corner, but it goes away when I blink, so it may be an artifact of my eyes reacting with the light. The contrast is good, as good or better than my k3.

for those keeping track of such things, the second set of numbers in the serial number are 1503.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #128
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll definitely let everyone know, I should have it on Friday. To be honest, I have very low hopes. I truly don't believe it's been fixed. They told me this same thing last time about the color hue issue being fixed and it wasn't, so...
Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #129
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
I'll definitely let everyone know, I should have it on Friday. To be honest, I have very low hopes. I truly don't believe it's been fixed. They told me this same thing last time about the color hue issue being fixed and it wasn't, so...
Good luck, I hope they really have fixed it this time
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #130
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I have no complaints about my Paperwhite. at rest, the screen has the same gray tones as my K3 does. When lit, there *may* be a slight pinkish tint in the lower right corner, but it goes away when I blink, so it may be an artifact of my eyes reacting with the light. The contrast is good, as good or better than my k3.

for those keeping track of such things, the second set of numbers in the serial number are 1503.
My PW has whiter background then my other Kindles. It's the text that is light but isn't as bad as my K4S but not as good as my K4B or K3 but that is only with the light off. Once you add the light the PW wins and add a nice dark custom font and it's perfect.

Now when I look at my K4 or K3 the background color is ugly brown green color and I go right back to my PW. I am spoiled.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #131
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Can't wait to hear what the new one is like!!
The better one I kept for myself which had very faint coloration originally, ended up displaying more pronounced color blobs in the past few weeks. At low light setting, it's very visible
That's one of the odd and disappointing things. They actually can develop them out of the blue and get worse. The one I have now is pretty good and hasn't changed. Yet, at least. The thing that actually bothers me most about my current one is that while the screen is pretty even at low levels there's an all over blue hue. My previous ones didn't have that blue hue, but they had more color blobs in general and also glowing specks.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #132
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
I will be very interested to hear what the new one looks like. I'm grateful that I don't notice any color blobs on the one I decided to keep, but that was the only decent one out of the five. I'm nervous though because if, heaven forbid, something happens to this one and I need a replacement, I'm convinced that I'll end up in the same return cycle all over again.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:36 AM   #133
Andrea.
Andrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm going to post my story, might as well, right?
I ordered my Kindle Paperwhite on Friday (18th) and received it today. I have a defective one as well, a couple of dead pixels and a blue blob (don't mind the blue blob, do mind the dead pixels though) in the middle of the screen (overall kindle (big blue blob) and close up of dead pixels (sorry don't have a macro lens for my camera)). Talked to CS, didn't ask any questions (aside from shipping address and credit card verification) about the kindle which was surprising but anyway, he ordered a replacement for me, should get here on Thursday. Will update when it arrives. I do hope that I don't have to go through all of the trouble that everyone seems to be going through to get a 'nice' one, it sounds horrible. >.<

Last edited by Andrea.; 01-24-2013 at 12:01 AM. Reason: added pictures
Andrea. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:40 AM   #134
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea. View Post
I ordered my Kindle Paperwhite on Friday (18th) and received it today. I have a defective one as well, a couple of dead pixels and a blue blob in the middle of the screen (will link to a picture later). Talked to CS, didn't ask any questions (aside from shipping address and credit card verification) about the kindle which was surprising but anyway, he ordered a replacement for me, should get here on Thursday. Will update when it arrives. I do hope that I don't have to go through all of the trouble that everyone seems to be going through to get a 'nice' one. >.<
The credit card verification is so if you don't return the old one you get charged for another one. I've returned a few Kindles and had to verify my card each time.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:54 AM   #135
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea. View Post
I ordered my Kindle Paperwhite on Friday (18th) and received it today. I have a defective one as well, a couple of dead pixels and a blue blob (don't mind the blue blob, do mind the dead pixels though) in the middle of the screen (will link to a picture later). Talked to CS, didn't ask any questions (aside from shipping address and credit card verification) about the kindle which was surprising but anyway, he ordered a replacement for me, should get here on Thursday. Will update when it arrives. I do hope that I don't have to go through all of the trouble that everyone seems to be going through to get a 'nice' one, it sounds horrible. >.<
Good luck, Andrea, and welcome to MR.

If they indeed fixed the problem with the color blobs,then you and Sparklemotion should both receive perfect screens.

Here's hoping.