Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
jeffry
jeffry began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch is a nice little eReader

I just bought a Kobo Touch last weekend from Borders (20% off - I couldn't resist).

It's my first eInk device and I'm really enjoying it. I even blogged about it here.

The gist of my review is that it's a great little device but it could use collections and multiple bookmarks. I'm also disappointed in its treatment of sideloaded content (hyperlinks don't work).

That said, I like the interface and it's great to read on. I think the issues are minor and I'm hoping they get fixed soon (the devs seem to be on top of things). It's really a great device.

Last edited by jeffry; 08-01-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: clarification
jeffry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
actiss
actiss began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffry View Post
I'm also disappointed in its treatment of sideloaded content (hyperlinks don't work).
Hyperlinks in sideloaded books were enabled in a previous firmware update, but with the newest firmware footnotes/endnotes/hyperlinks don't work anymore (functionality is broken). Hopefully they will be fixed in the next update.
actiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #3
feedbakbwr
Redwood Original
feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
I am sure they will get fixed soon or added etc. They are very good at listening to their customers. That is why I have stuck with them.
feedbakbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
jeffry

I'll try the hyperlinks again when I get home but I'm pretty sure they weren't working. On the other hand, I would be really happy to wrong too
Old 08-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I agree, it is a nice little reader. I got it for my son and was tempted to steal it for him. I think I might bet one for my dh at some point.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
jeffry

Quote:
Originally Posted by actiss View Post
Hyperlinks in sideloaded books were enabled in a previous firmware update, but with the newest firmware footnotes/endnotes/hyperlinks don't work anymore (functionality is broken). Hopefully they will be fixed in the next update.
You are correct! I simply didn't know you needed to double tap the link to make it work. Thanks for getting me to revisit that one.

Tags
kobo touch, review