Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2016, 02:52 AM   #31
bcbob
Enthusiast
bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexey.deep View Post
news from BH
It is still listed on the Sony website but that may change soon.

Too bad, it is a good product. I just started to use the one I bought in September and really like it.

It does not look like Sony is replacing it but from the way they botched the marketing of the S1 anything is possible.

I did not look for alternative products. I am not in the market as I like the one I have but that might be something that could be discussed here.
bcbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:27 AM   #32
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
GoodEreader is claiming Sony confirmed new DPT is on the way:
http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...s-discontinued
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #33
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Released sometime next year missing Holiday shopping season doesn't matter. Most important is needed features without bugs. Then it will be bought regardless of season. Price Windows 10
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:10 AM   #34
LarryNYC
Groupie
LarryNYC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Is there any hope of a Sony DPT-S2? Has Sony given up on this device?

Does anybody have any news?

I just bought a DPT-S1 and absolutely love it!

I just wish I could have one with a builtin light.
LarryNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:39 PM   #35
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNYC View Post
I don't think that's possible because I don't think the current front light layer would work properly on a flexible screen.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:30 AM   #36
LarryNYC
Groupie
LarryNYC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I don't think that's possible because I don't think the current front light layer would work properly on a flexible screen.
That's ok, I've gotten used to using a little reading light, a LuminoLite, with my DPT-S1. It's not perfect but it helps.

I'd still like an improved DPT-S1, but if it is not to be, I will make due with the DPT-S1 for years to come. This device is one I've been searching for for years. I've used similar products, including the devices that tracked your pen movements on paper and digitized the output, but the Sony system is the most natural of any that I've tried. I use it every day to keep track of my work and to mark up PDF documents.
LarryNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:44 AM   #37
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Why?, there are flexible light foils for decades now....
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:31 PM   #38
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
Why?, there are flexible light foils for decades now....
But do they emit light from their whole surface evenly? The cleverness of the ereader front light technology seems to be in the etching pattern on the surface to bounce the light more evenly over the whole layer. I would guess that the light distribution would change if you curved the layer, leading to large bright and dark areas.

Judging by how some people are bothered enough by minor brightness differences near the edges to return their devices, I don't think that much larger aberrations would be tolerated.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:28 AM   #39
xhacker
xhacker began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNYC View Post
Is there any hope of a Sony DPT-S2? Has Sony given up on this device?

Does anybody have any news?

I just bought a DPT-S1 and absolutely love it!

http://www.sony.jp/digital-paper/pro...-RP1/spec.html.
xhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:51 AM   #40
bcbob
Enthusiast
bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: ipad
Translate top page of document

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhacker View Post
This is a Japanese language page. I fed it into google translate and got a spec for a DPT-RP1.

translation

The translation of the home page for the product spec looks interesting:

Quote:
Release on June 5
Open price
【Precautions before purchasing】
· DPT-RP1 can only view and write PDF files.
· DPT-RP1 does not have an application for purchasing content on a dedicated e-book site such as Reader Store. Also, you can not read e-books purchased with Reader Store etc. with DPT-RP1.
· Digital Paper App is necessary to put documents in and out between the personal computer and DPT - RP1.
· Depending on the settings of the personal computer usage environment (security software / firewall, etc.), it may not be possible to connect the DPT-RP1 with the personal computer.

Included: Stylus pen, USB cable (about 1.5 m), replacement core, core removal, before using (guarantee integrated type manual)
Do not know what "replacement core" means. Possibly the nibs for the stylus?

Last edited by bcbob; 04-12-2017 at 02:53 AM. Reason: clarify
bcbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:29 AM   #41
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Nibs in Japanese is called shin 芯 this can also mean core as in the core of a pencil (lead), so in this case it refers to replaceable nibs including a replacement tool.

Digital artist found dead in home. Details sketchy.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:20 AM   #42
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post

Kumabjorn, could you please move this into your signature.

The "joke" gets old rather quickly, and the forum has a nice feature for not viewing these off topic comments.

Thank you.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:25 PM   #43
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
It is in my signature, my Tapatalk signature. That one is unfortunately universal for all fora, in other words I can't set one for each specific forum. Remove it and it defaults to "Sent from device using Tapatalk 4.0"

Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote