Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #16
cortman
Zealot
cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle 3 3g, Nook HD+, Nexus 4 (Mantano)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why on Earth would they be abridged?
Indeed!

I have all Harry's Dickens ebooks as well and they are great; if you (OP) are looking for a complete in one look no further than Delphi- most of the material I've gotten from them has been second to none.
cortman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #17
wwefan
wwefan began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortman View Post
Indeed!

I have all Harry's Dickens ebooks as well and they are great; if you (OP) are looking for a complete in one look no further than Delphi- most of the material I've gotten from them has been second to none.
I sent them email and they said they don't do any proof reading of their classics and they said they cannot guarantee if there classics will error free in fact they said you will occasionally find a lot of errors in our classics.
wwefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #18
cortman
Zealot
cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle 3 3g, Nook HD+, Nexus 4 (Mantano)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwefan View Post
I sent them email and they said they don't do any proof reading of their classics and they said they cannot guarantee if there classics will error free in fact they said you will occasionally find a lot of errors in our classics.
I call FUD on that statement. I'd like to see the email before I believe that.
They naturally are unable to proofread EVERY part of their classics (that'd be man-years of reading). They do, however, proofread and pay meticulous attention to the formatting of the major works of an author (the ones you are most likely to read). And they welcome reports of poor formatting, because they fix them and release new, better versions for free if you've already bought them.
cortman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #19
wwefan
wwefan began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortman View Post
I call FUD on that statement. I'd like to see the email before I believe that.
They naturally are unable to proofread EVERY part of their classics (that'd be man-years of reading). They do, however, proofread and pay meticulous attention to the formatting of the major works of an author (the ones you are most likely to read). And they welcome reports of poor formatting, because they fix them and release new, better versions for free if you've already bought them.
Well i will show you email screenshots later if i get time.They said they cannot do proof reading because they will run out of budget and they said they will fix error if you email them but whats the point of paying them and emailing them to fix the error when HarryT can do the same thing more effectively.
wwefan is offline   Reply With Quote