Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
7" KFHD In Stock At Local Best Buy

I stopped by there a few hours ago and they have about 100 in stock. Imagine that, I wonder if most BB stores have that many and if so you can do the math on availability.

Anywho, it was already on a kiosk in demo mode only (like the previous Fire).
I fooled with it for about 15 minutes and while hard to make any kind of judgment obviously while in that mode, I liked it for a starting impression.

It had some magazines, audiobooks, movies and books available to browse.

Reviews are already pouring in at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-HD...owViewpoints=1

Will I trade my old Fire in for around $75 and get this one? Time will tell but probably!
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
nprentiss
Connoisseur
nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Strange... for me, the reviews keep disappearing and reappearing. I've seen up to 20+ reviews, but now there is only one.
nprentiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nprentiss View Post
Strange... for me, the reviews keep disappearing and reappearing. I've seen up to 20+ reviews, but now there is only one.
Yes, Saw a high of abt 23 and a low of 5, then it goes to 20. Something is wacky. I first thought they were editing them, then not. It looks like their system is slightly nuts.

Maybe because of heavy traffic? Of people checking what first impressions?
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Or the millions of frugal people downloading Tetris...
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Or the millions of frugal people downloading Tetris...
Like me!

I didn't order a Fire, but I do look forward to playing with them at Best Buy. I'm eager to see the Paperwhite in person too.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I got Tetris during the 10 cent sale Amazon price matched, so no free app for me. But what the heck, it was a steal at 10 cents to begin with. Just downloaded it on my phone now, so is nice.

November is SO far away.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It will not be a November wait for me as my only interest is the new 7" Fire. I can buy it now, tomorrow, the next day etc.

l need it like the plague but want to try it like any kid does with a new toy!
Old 09-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
November is SO far away.
You have that exactly right! It figures that the one I picked out has the longest wait. But I did just get my PowerFast charger. Woo hoo.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I called down to the nearest Best Buy, and they all but laughed at me when I asked them if they had any.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Has BB said how long they were tendering the $75 trade-in offer? Will it apply to FireHD as well?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #11
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
I could see them running that promotion forever. It's a triple play for them...

1) sell a new fire
2) resell an old fire
3) sell something else with the $75 gift card

My fires look like new after a year, so I can see people paying $75 or more for one on cowboom.com or ebay -- where BB sells all their previously owned merchandise.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
My KF looks new too. I can't see getting only 75 for it. Maybe in another year.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #13
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
My KF looks new too. I can't see getting only 75 for it. Maybe in another year.
$75 right now is a pretty decent trade-in value. Especially when the upgraded version new is $160. Sure you can put it on ebay, craigslist, whereever and get a bit more but the ability to walk in with a used KF and walk out with $75 without the hassle, time, and potential to get ripped off, is worth something.

I'd be surprised if the going price for a used KF is over $100. I'm not talking about the oddball sale to someone for $140, but the general going price.

My KF looks newer than new and I'll probably be trading mine in at Best Buy for a new KFHD.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
$75 right now is a pretty decent trade-in value. Especially when the upgraded version new is $160. Sure you can put it on ebay, craigslist, whereever and get a bit more but the ability to walk in with a used KF and walk out with $75 without the hassle, time, and potential to get ripped off, is worth something.

I'd be surprised if the going price for a used KF is over $100. I'm not talking about the oddball sale to someone for $140, but the general going price.

My KF looks newer than new and I'll probably be trading mine in at Best Buy for a new KFHD.
I'm not interested in a new one at this time unless I know the Pdoc and sync issue is fixed. I would then trade up for a new KF nonHD in a heartbeat.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #15
robertc88
Fanatic

$75 is the most one will get, I inquired yesterday and that is for excellent condition.

I say get while the getting is good. I'm not sure what would happen if they start getting alot of trade-ins, that may affect the growing rate. BUT it will never be more than $75 which goes without saying so if one is interested and it meets your needs, ....