Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
astromark
astromark began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Comments for The Register

There's a built-in Calibre recipe for The Register. I've been trying to adapt it so I can get the comments that readers make (as well as the articles) but without much luck.

The biggest stumbling block appears to be that there's no easy way of getting a list of stories with comments, other than assuming that every story has got some comments.

So for a story such as
http://forums.theregister.co.uk/foru...7/speed_limit/

the comments are at
http://forums.theregister.co.uk/foru...7/speed_limit/

where the /1/ in the URL is the page number of the comments. This can run to 2 or 3 pages... however, there's also a mobile version of the site

http://m.forums.theregister.co.uk/fo...7/speed_limit/

...but again, this breaks comments into pages 1, 2 .. n

Needless to say I'm stuck. Anyone got any ideas please?

In an ideal world we'd have the original story followed by its comments within one recipe.
astromark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by astromark View Post
Needless to say I'm stuck. Anyone got any ideas please?

In an ideal world we'd have the original story followed by its comments within one recipe.
The solution is the same as is used for a multiple page article. If the bottom of the article has a link to "comments," then you follow that link and add the content on that page to the article. If the bottom of the first page of comments has a link to "next" page of comments, you follow that page and add it, etc. until there is no more next page. Search this forum for "multipage" or "append_page" and see the AdventureGamers recipe.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert