Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: November 2010 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
Old Man's War by John Scalzi 26 29.21%
The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi 10 11.24%
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy By Douglas Adams 25 28.09%
City At World's End by Edmond Hamilton 2 2.25%
Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke 2 2.25%
A Fire Upon The Deep by Vernor Vinge 5 5.62%
The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell 3 3.37%
The Man in the High Castle by Philp K. Dick 7 7.87%
A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr. 6 6.74%
Time's Eye by Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen Baxter 3 3.37%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #121
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
you all have fun reading the book and talking about it. After the events of the other day I just can't stomach visiting this site any longer. Thanks to those who made it fun...and to the few who chose to use this site for other purposes, well, best stop there.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #122
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Good Luck. Sorry to see you go.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:14 PM   #123
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
@brecklundin: Don't know what instigated this departure, but you'll be missed. Sorry..
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #124
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
All righty, I'm finished. When the discussion thread starts up, is it assumed that anybody who reads the thread has read the book and/or doesn't care about spoilers? Or do I need to learn how to use that spoiler button?
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #125
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There will be a separate discussion thread started (I presume) - that's how it is usually done.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:02 PM   #126
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
@brecklundin: Don't know what instigated this departure, but you'll be missed. Sorry..
I'm guessing it had to do with that eBook on Amazon.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #127
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
There will be a separate discussion thread started (I presume) - that's how it is usually done.
Yes, but in that thread, can I write whatever I like (spoilers, commenting on which actors characters may or may not bring to mind, and so forth), or do I need to find out how to use that "spoiler" button??
Old 11-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #128
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegl027 View Post
Yes, but in that thread, can I write whatever I like (spoilers, commenting on which actors characters may or may not bring to mind, and so forth), or do I need to find out how to use that "spoiler" button??
Yep!

Whatever you want.

But to use the spoiler button is easy to just use brackets [
and "spoiler" (with brackets in place of the quotes and "/spoiler" at the end.

If you quote this message you'll see it here:

Spoiler:
This is a spoilt!

Last edited by kennyc; 11-15-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #129
ziegl027
Addict

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:34 AM   #130
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I can't wait for the discussion to start on this.....been done for over a week.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:15 AM   #131
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So who starts the thread for talking about the book? I know, it's a day early, but I was just curious.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #132
Altoanto
tsoin tsoin
Altoanto has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Altoanto has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Altoanto has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Altoanto has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-300
Haha, I feel like you either loved it or really hated it
Altoanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #133
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
So who starts the thread for talking about the book? I know, it's a day early, but I was just curious.
Talking books? there's talking books?

Old 11-19-2010, 10:52 AM   #134
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I will, when the time is right. You can type up your post ahead of time in notepad or something so as to be ready.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #135
jhempel24
Wizard

Okay, I've got a few words for sure about the book, I just didn't know if it would be a "midnight" thing or not...I work 3rd shift, and it's generally when I'm on the computer (Eastern Standard Time)