Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-20-2020, 03:00 PM   #16
Flaviocc
Zealot
Flaviocc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PPW5 / Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
So, I just copied and pasted the overides section into the kobopatch.yaml and the bat file ran with no errors. But when I moved the koboroot.tgz over, my clara rebooted and the three little dots just kept repeating. After a while, I ended up completely resetting it. I went back and installed the last patched version with no problem.

Based on what was covered earlier in this thread, I triple checked the yaml and don't see any problem.

Is there something in the new version that doesn't exist in the last one that I might be trying to change in my yaml?

Thanks!
Dumb question:

you updated to latest firmware 4.21.15015 before apply the patch?
Flaviocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:00 PM   #17
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
So, I just copied and pasted the overides section into the kobopatch.yaml and the bat file ran with no errors. But when I moved the koboroot.tgz over, my clara rebooted and the three little dots just kept repeating. After a while, I ended up completely resetting it. I went back and installed the last patched version with no problem.

Based on what was covered earlier in this thread, I triple checked the yaml and don't see any problem.

Is there something in the new version that doesn't exist in the last one that I might be trying to change in my yaml?

Thanks!
Can I see your kobopatch configuration? None of the patches should be able to cause a bootloop (unless KoboRoot.tgz wasn't copied correctly)...

The only patches I can think of which have the potential to crash libnickel upon startup is "Disable all tutorial dialogs" (but this is extremely unlikely to succeed while patching and fail at runtime), "Customize ComfortLight settings" (but I tested that one explicitly), the SmartLink patches (but I tested those more than usual last night), "Rename new home screen footer" (but this can't really fail in any way), "Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen" (but this is quite simple), and "Larger Sleep/Power-off timeouts" (if it's a patch issue, this is the most likely; Edit: I just checked this one, and it looks fine to me).

Did you eject your Kobo properly and upgrade to 15015 beforehand?

Last edited by geek1011; 05-20-2020 at 03:12 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2020, 05:32 PM   #18
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaviocc View Post
Dumb question:

you updated to latest firmware 4.21.15015 before apply the patch?
You got it! That's what I get for not messing with it for a while and relying on memory (which isn't what it used to be!).

I'll give it another go.....
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:26 PM   #19
Flaviocc
Zealot
Flaviocc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PPW5 / Kobo Aura One
Quote:
You got it! That's what I get for not messing with it for a while and relying on memory (which isn't what it used to be!).

I'll give it another go.....
LOL

Good luck!
Flaviocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:02 AM   #20
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Can the miniclock hack be added to the kobopatch?
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2020, 06:42 AM   #21
ICDeadPpl
Enthusiast
ICDeadPpl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Can the miniclock hack be added to the kobopatch?
I have been using this method:
1. I made a directory called "kobopatch-custom" in the same directory I have the "kobopatch_4.21.15015" directory.
In the "kobopatch-custom" directory I have this folder structure:
Code:
   root\addons\miniclock
   root\etc\udev\rules.d
   root\usr\local\MiniClock
2. I unpacked the latest release of MiniClock from post #311 and copied the files to the corresponding directories in my "kobopatch-custom" folder structure.

3. I inserted the following line at the end of the "kobopatch.yaml" file:

Code:
files:
  # MiniClock files
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/usr/local/MiniClock/devinputeventdump: usr/local/MiniClock/devinputeventdump
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/usr/local/MiniClock/fbink: usr/local/MiniClock/fbink
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/usr/local/MiniClock/miniclock.sh: usr/local/MiniClock/miniclock.sh
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/etc/udev/rules.d/miniclock.rules: etc/udev/rules.d/miniclock.rules
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg: .addons/miniclock/miniclock
The "miniclock.cfg" file I have edited with my custom modifications for fonts and date formats.
ICDeadPpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:27 AM   #22
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
@ICDeadPpl Thanks for your manual, but it doesn´t work at me!
With your method, miniclock works well, with no config, the miniclock.cfg will not be copied in .addons/miniclock to my kobo Forma this directory is empty!
And when i delete .addons, it will be not new created!
When i copy miniclock.cfg manually it works fine
What is wrong at me

Last edited by jamalau; 05-24-2020 at 12:16 PM.
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:06 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalau View Post
@ICDeadPpl Thanks for your manual, but it doesn´t work at me!
With your method, miniclock works well, with no config, the miniclock.cfg will not be copied in .addons/miniclock on my kobo Forma this directory is empty!
And when i delete .addons, it will be not created!
When i copy miniclock.cfg manually it works fine
What is wrong at me
The only way to know what might be wrong is for you to post a copy of your "kobopatch.yam file.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:31 PM   #24
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Only to report that the temporary patch "Never sync dictionaries" works perfectly on firmware 1.21.15015. Thank You geek1011
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:43 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
Only to report that the temporary patch "Never sync dictionaries" works perfectly on firmware 1.21.15015. Thank You geek1011
How did you get on a firmware not even version 2.x?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:44 PM   #26
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Here my yam Files two versions, both not work!
Attached Files
File Type: txt kobopatch.yaml.txt (9.0 KB, 183 views)
File Type: txt kobopatch [1].yaml.txt (9.0 KB, 179 views)
Old 05-24-2020, 01:05 PM   #27
ICDeadPpl
Enthusiast

Quote:
Here my yam Files two versions, both not work!
Open the command prompt (cmd.exe) and to the directory where you have "kobopatch-custom" and "kobopatch_4.21.15015" and runt this command: tree /F

It should give an output like this:

Code:
├───kobopatch-custom
│   └───root
│       ├───addons
│       │   └───miniclock
│       │           miniclock.cfg
│       │           miniclock.example.cfg
│       │
│       ├───etc
│       │   └───udev
│       │       └───rules.d
│       │               miniclock.rules
│       │
│       └───usr
│           └───local
│               └───MiniClock
│                       devinputeventdump
│                       fbink
│                       miniclock.sh
│
└───kobopatch_4.21.15015
    │   kobopatch.bat
    │   kobopatch.sh
    │   kobopatch.yaml
    │   readme.txt
    │
    ├───bin
    │       cssextract-darwin-64bit
    │       cssextract-linux-32bit
    │       cssextract-linux-64bit
    │       cssextract-windows.exe
    │       kobopatch-darwin-64bit
    │       kobopatch-linux-32bit
    │       kobopatch-linux-64bit
    │       koboptch-windows.exe
    │       updating.txt
    │
    ├───out
    │       KoboRoot.tgz
    │       log.txt
    │       run_kobopatch_to_generate_these_files.txt
    │
    └───src
            download_firmware_here.txt
            kobo-update-4.21.15015.zip
            libadobe.so.yaml
            libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml
            librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml
            nickel.yaml
Old 05-24-2020, 01:11 PM   #28
jamalau
Connoisseur

My output from tree /F

├───kobopatch-custom
│ └───root
│ ├───addons
│ │ └───miniclock
│ │ miniclock.cfg
│ │ miniclock.example.cfg
│ │
│ ├───etc
│ │ └───udev
│ │ └───rules.d
│ │ miniclock.rules
│ │
│ └───usr
│ └───local
│ └───MiniClock
│ devinputeventdump
│ fbink
│ miniclock.sh

└───kobopatch_4.21.15015
│ kobopatch.bat
│ kobopatch.sh
│ kobopatch.yaml
│ readme.txt

├───bin
│ cssextract-darwin-64bit
│ cssextract-linux-32bit
│ cssextract-linux-64bit
│ cssextract-windows.exe
│ kobopatch-darwin-64bit
│ kobopatch-linux-32bit
│ kobopatch-linux-64bit
│ koboptch-windows.exe
│ updating.txt

├───out
│ KoboRoot.tgz
│ log.txt
│ run_kobopatch_to_generate_these_files.txt

└───src
libadobe.so.yaml
libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml
librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml
nickel.yaml

Last edited by jamalau; 05-24-2020 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:42 PM   #29
ICDeadPpl
Enthusiast

Quote:
My output from tree /F

├───kobopatch-custom
│ └───root
│ ├───addons
│ │ └───miniclock
│ │ miniclock.cfg
│ │ miniclock.example.cfg
│ │
│ ├───etc
│ │ └───udev
│ │ └───rules.d
│ │ miniclock.rules
│ │
│ └───usr
│ └───local
│ └───MiniClock
│ devinputeventdump
│ fbink
│ miniclock.sh

└───kobopatch_4.21.15015
│ kobopatch.bat
│ kobopatch.sh
│ kobopatch.yaml
│ readme.txt

├───bin
│ cssextract-darwin-64bit
│ cssextract-linux-32bit
│ cssextract-linux-64bit
│ cssextract-windows.exe
│ kobopatch-darwin-64bit
│ kobopatch-linux-32bit
│ kobopatch-linux-64bit
│ koboptch-windows.exe
│ updating.txt

├───out
│ KoboRoot.tgz
│ log.txt
│ run_kobopatch_to_generate_these_files.txt

└───src
libadobe.so.yaml
libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml
librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml
nickel.yaml
My bad, I missed the extension on the "miniclock.cfg" file.
This is should work:
Code:
files:
  # MiniClock files
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/usr/local/MiniClock/devinputeventdump: usr/local/MiniClock/devinputeventdump
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/usr/local/MiniClock/fbink: usr/local/MiniClock/fbink
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/usr/local/MiniClock/miniclock.sh: usr/local/MiniClock/miniclock.sh
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/etc/udev/rules.d/miniclock.rules: etc/udev/rules.d/miniclock.rules
  ../kobopatch-custom/root/addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg: .addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg
Old 05-24-2020, 02:00 PM   #30
jamalau
Connoisseur

That i have done in my second kobopatch.yaml in Post #26, and this version dosent work either! No file in .addons/miniclock!
In my created koboroot.tgz exist an directory with the cfg File, addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg . There is no dot before addons, is this the reason, for the non function?
On my Forma is no Directory with this cfg-File created!

Last edited by jamalau; 05-24-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching