Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-02-2020, 03:42 PM   #1
IdleTerry
IdleTerry began at the beginning.

Device: TEA Touch HD, Sigil, Calibre
Problem building Sigil from source

Hello everyone,

I have a problem when trying to build Sigil from source on Fedora 31. I think I installed everything right, but when I enter the following command :
Code:
cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../sigil-src
I always get this error :
Quote:
CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:746 (add_executable):
Target "sigil" links to target "Qt5::WebEngine" but the target was not
found. Perhaps a find_package() call is missing for an IMPORTED target, or
an ALIAS target is missing?

CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:746 (add_executable):
Target "sigil" links to target "Qt5::WebEngineWidgets" but the target was
not found. Perhaps a find_package() call is missing for an IMPORTED
target, or an ALIAS target is missing?
Do you know what is happening and how I can solve this ?

Thanks in advance
IdleTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:47 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Sigil is based on having Qt5.9 or later with development headers installed on your machine (and having Qt 5.10 or later would be best). This includes the QtWebEngine module.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2020, 05:27 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yep. As mentioned, it sounds like you're missing Qt5Webengine or its development headers. I believe they'd be the qt5-webengine and qt5-webengine-devel packages on Fedora
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:31 AM   #4
IdleTerry
IdleTerry began at the beginning.

Device: TEA Touch HD, Sigil, Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Yep. As mentioned, it sounds like you're missing Qt5Webengine or its development headers. I believe they'd be the qt5-webengine and qt5-webengine-devel packages on Fedora
Okay, this is an epic fail of mine, I only installed qt5-qtwebengine and not the -devel package as well

Thanks a lot It works now !
IdleTerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build from source, fedora, linux