Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Touch Screen Swiping Sensitivity

Every once in a while when swiping to get to the next page, my PRS-600 dosen't change pages, just shows that little dash with the circle around it at the bottom right hand corner, I swipe again, and it changes no problem....but I was curious is this a normal thing with the Touch Screens?

Thanks in advance for your input
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Others have mentioned it with this type of touch screen. IIRC it was Jeffrey Carver who recommended using your fingernail instead of your fingertip if you were having real problems.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Thats definitely appears to work a bit better.....longer swipes seem better too if I am using my finger tip....glad it's not a tech issue
Old 09-09-2009, 05:40 AM   #4
dweller
dweller began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kindle DXi, Apple iPad 64GB 3G
I find I have to press down a little harder than usual otherwise I get the same problem.

Actually for page flicking I find it easier to use the buttons at the bottom.
dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I experience the same thing. I just re-swipe with my fingertip & get the page turning.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #6
windylim
windylim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600 prospective
I imagine those who are used to ipod/iphone may have trouble. If you're used to Palm and all the previous PDA touch screens, you might be more used to this type of screen that requires a bit more contact/pressure. Using stylus should be ok, right?
windylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:27 AM   #7
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
that happens when you don't press hard enough. it registers your finger moving only very slightly. so it registers it as a press, not a swipe, and since a single press does nothing normally. nothing happens.

use your nail(what I ussually do, as it also lets me go weeks without cleaning the screen instead of a few days due to finger prints) press harder, or use longer swipes
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:03 AM   #8
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Quote:
use your nail(what I ussually do, as it also lets me go weeks without cleaning the screen instead of a few days due to finger prints) press harder, or use longer swipes
Ditto! With continued use, the action becomes second nature.
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #9
sminarovich
Connoisseur
sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony ereader 500 & 600
I found the same thing with the display model, had me rethinking the 600 but if you use your finger nail at the bottom of the page rather than half way up it seemed to work better and more consistantly.
sminarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #10
DougFNJ
Avid Reader

I've played with it a lot more since starting this post.....I think I was using too short a stroke to get it to register, since I have made the stroke line a little longer I don't have it happen as often. I am definitely glad it wasn't a technical issue with mine, but the comparison between the Palm and iPod Touch definitely makes a lot more sense.