Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #46
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Oh, thanks, hey, I'm learning! But yes, IMO, Olivia Cunning's was definitely more erotica than erotic. It was 1 of the first books I read along those lines that made me realize I needed to be more careful with my book descriptions and 1-clicking recommendations! [no disrespect meant to those who enjoy it, just wasn't my thang!]
That's funny, because to me they are Erotic Romance - plenty of story between the sexy bits. Her full length novels anyway, not so much the novellas.

Eh, I find that even with all the labels it's still so subjective!
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #47
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
So, have you seen the EC titles coming to audible yet?? September 17th, the first 3 Breed novels will be released on Audible. I also love the series, and my favorite is Elizabeth's Wolf. I have to wait till October for that one.

Auntykatkat
No way! Really?!? I read those books years ago! The Breed series was my first eBooks. I remember thinking OMG I can't believe how detail the sex is but the whole Breed concept reminded of the X-Men Mutants story line so I was hooked! I'm jaded now and I no longer get shock when reading Erotic Romance. I think Callan's story will always be my favorite followed by Elizabeth's Wolf and Soul Deep. I stop at Dawn's Awakening. I have it in Audio Book from BOB. Maybe someday I will go back and pick the series up.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #48
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
That's funny, because to me they are Erotic Romance - plenty of story between the sexy bits. Her full length novels anyway, not so much the novellas.

I haven't read them because there is one in the series that is M/M/F is that a book I could skip or does her others books stray from the M/F normal couple relationship?
Old 09-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Oh, thanks, hey, I'm learning! But yes, IMO, Olivia Cunning's was definitely more erotica than erotic. It was 1 of the first books I read along those lines that made me realize I needed to be more careful with my book descriptions and 1-clicking recommendations! [no disrespect meant to those who enjoy it, just wasn't my thang!]
We all have different preferences. Me I like a variety but I read mostly Romance and I can deal with little to no sex just fine if the romance is done well. I can also deal with alot of sex if the plot was done well but for me two important things. The Plot and The Romance aspect and Romance does not mean sex. That's a physical aspect I can take or leave.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #50
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post

Oh, very subjective, and the world would be boring if we all liked the same things! The one I read was quite a long time ago and it included a ménage and IIRC was short on story, so maybe it was a novella. In fairness, I was just getting back into romance novels back then too, so maybe I just wasn't prepared. But for some reason I think it was after I read FSOG which I enjoyed so... Anyways, is the freebie that was originally mentioned one you've read already? It's always so nice to get a freebie from an author you like!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #51
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I haven't read them because there is one in the series that is M/M/F is that a book I could skip or does her others books stray from the M/F normal couple relationship?
The second in the Sinners series is IIRC just M/F (I haven't started #3 yet, as I'm not keen on the fetish, but I can't skip it and keep going with the series either! Darn series!). The first three in the Sole Regrets are all M/F, but those are the novellas and are literally ONE NIGHT with Sole Regrets, so definitely not much story there. I know the last in the Sinners series is definitely a M/M/F as well.

Quote:
But for some reason I think it was after I read FSOG which I enjoyed so... Anyways, is the freebie that was originally mentioned one you've read already? It's always so nice to get a freebie from an author you like!
So funny! And I've never read more than a few excerpts of FSOG and have zero interest in ever reading it! lol But her rock stars are an auto-buy for me, so I do already have it. The first two in her Sinners on Tour and One Night with Sole Regrets series seem to regularly go free.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #52
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Did anyone else's email explode yesterday/this morning with ereaderIQ alerts for Penguin books going on sale??? OMG - I think I had like 50+ emails.... The sale at Amazon doesn't seem like much (10-15%) making most of the ones I got alerts on still above the $5 mark, but it also means these are couponable - at least the few I checked. I know we all knew it would be coming, but I guess it's here!! In time for the codes from this last contest
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #53
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
The Penguin books isn't eligible at Allromance yet, but I am crossing my fingers. It would be really nice to be able to use Buy 10 Get 1 Free codes on certain hardcovers and trades .
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #54
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Kobo allowing coupons on Penguin books has been my downfall for a few weeks now. So many of my favorite authors write for their imprints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
The Penguin books isn't eligible at Allromance yet, but I am crossing my fingers. It would be really nice to be able to use Buy 10 Get 1 Free codes on certain hardcovers and trades .
Agreed.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #55
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Heads up I don't know when I Be able to look for deals today. I'm currently trying to pass possibly a kidney stone. Hope your holiday is going better than mine!

Typing this from phone.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #56
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
OUCH! Feel better soon, Blossom!

A free 1990 Connie Mason title @ Amazon.... Tempt the Devil
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #57
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
Did anyone else's email explode yesterday/this morning with ereaderIQ alerts for Penguin books going on sale??? OMG - I think I had like 50+ emails.... The sale at Amazon doesn't seem like much (10-15%) making most of the ones I got alerts on still above the $5 mark, but it also means these are couponable - at least the few I checked. I know we all knew it would be coming, but I guess it's here!! In time for the codes from this last contest
YES - mine did! I got about 10 price drops within a half hour timespan. It was crazy cause my phone kept pinging everytime a new alert came through!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #58
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Heads up I don't know when I Be able to look for deals today. I'm currently trying to pass possibly a kidney stone. Hope your holiday is going better than mine!

Typing this from phone.
Oh no! Feel better soon, Blossom.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #59
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon:

After Midnight US DE by Kathy Clark (Harlequin author).

Quote:
What started as a routine contact stop turned into a brutal double homicide.

Officer Sam Morgan had worked for the Denver PD for five years, most of which were spent patrolling the streets around the State Capitol. He’s seen his share of druggies, dealers and hookers, but since some of them were his best sources, he normally wasn’t quick to arrest them.

On a hot June Saturday night, Sam was sharing his patrol car with a ridealong, which could be a blessing or a curse. Things went smoothly until they came face-to-face with a hooker and her pimp. Sam stopped to talk to the pair, but when his backup arrived, the atmosphere changed from curious to angry and aggressive. Suddenly, the pimp pulled a gun, and after exchanged gunfire, the other police officer and the pimp were both dead and Sam was seriously wounded. The ridealong had saved the day by retrieving a dropped pistol and shooting the pimp before he can get a fatal shot at Sam. In the confusion, the prostitute disappeared into the night.

The ridealong, Brian, a reporter for The Denver Post writes a compelling first-hand account of the incident which turns out to be his big break.

Kate, the hooker, tries to convince Sam, as he recovers from his wounds that she isn’t a really a prostitute, but he doesn't believe her. She tells him she’s an actress, hired by the dead pimp to be on the streets that night for the filming of a TV show. As the weeks pass and it becomes clear that someone is out to either frighten her enough to leave Denver or to kill her, Sam begins to believe her story.

Joining together, the cop and the actress uncover many inconsistencies and even more suspects. Along the way, they also discover a sexual attraction that quickly turns into even more than either of them had bargained for.

As they get closer to the truth, the threat escalates until Kate finds herself fighting for her life. It’s up to Sam to save her, but will he be in time?

Hooker to lover or low-life to no-life. It’s all in his hands.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #60
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
Yes, ERIQ is going berserk! Tons of Danielle Steele, Nora Roberts etc all dropping, I can't keep up with the page! I'm happy for all you collectors out there!

Blossom, ugh, hope you feel better soon. I've never experienced and never want to, but I've heard it's bad, so *hugs* to you.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote