Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #16
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by techie42 View Post
Is there a huge difference in the Kobo and the nook?
The kobo is 18mm shorter, 2mm narrower (I think). I think the case will still work, but it won't be a super snug fit. I plan on using it just for trasnportation (I like to use my electronics 'naked' rather than in a cover), so hopefully it's ok for that purpose.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:45 PM   #17
the hatter
Enthusiast
the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by marnom View Post
That is the description, where it says 2 times that it's for Kobo...
Read the description again. Nowhere does it say that it was designed specifically for Kobo...

At any rate, if you want to believe that this case was designed for the Kobo that's up to you. However I emailed the company about it and they admitted it wasn't in their response. See post #138 in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=82160&page=10

Last edited by the hatter; 06-17-2010 at 11:50 PM.
the hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 01:34 AM   #18
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hatter View Post
Read the description again. Nowhere does it say that it was designed specifically for Kobo
It doesn't say "designed for the Kobo", but it does list the product as a "Kobo eReader Cover".

I would consider that to be false advertising.

I think mine has been posted already, and since it is so cheap I can't be arsed trying to get a refund as I would have to pay to post it back to the US. Hopefully the cover will be adequate for the Kobo.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:50 AM   #19
the hatter
Enthusiast
the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial View Post
It doesn't say "designed for the Kobo", but it does list the product as a "Kobo eReader Cover".

I would consider that to be false advertising.

I think mine has been posted already, and since it is so cheap I can't be arsed trying to get a refund as I would have to pay to post it back to the US. Hopefully the cover will be adequate for the Kobo.
No disagreement there. It is blatant false advertising, which is why I wrote them an irate email demanding a refund. They said when they responded that several customers had been satisfied when using that case with a Kobo, but refunded my money anyway. Hopefully it works out ok for you.
the hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #20
marnom
Enthusiast
marnom began at the beginning.

@hatter:

Yeah, I saw your other post right after I clicked on that one. As artificial said, it is, for sure, false advertising. But i'm gonna wait 'till I receive it to make my own opinion and I will tell you how good it fits, maybe if I figure out how to do it, I will put a picture of the reader inside the case.
marnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #21
bear_3000
bear_3000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ereader
Hey Guys
I just thought i would let you know last night in the mail i received my so called kobo case from the ebay seller we have been discussing and my kobo actually does fit in the case!! I will post a photo tonight of it.
bear_3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:19 PM   #22
ronw
Enthusiast
ronw began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
I have given up on New Zealand store getting in cases so have just ordered this one from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Kobo-eReader-L...7176700&sr=8-1
It looks pretty good but will take a while before it gets here.
ronw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:01 AM   #23
marnom
Enthusiast

I just got my case and here are the pics. Yes, this case is not exactly made for the Kobo, but it fits. On the second picture, you can compare how much bigger is the case compared to my homemade dvd case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00244.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	848.0 KB
ID:	53983Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00247.JPG
Views:	371
Size:	886.7 KB
ID:	53984
Old 06-24-2010, 12:13 AM   #24
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
That is actually quite a nice case. Good to know there are cases out there that will fit the Kobo.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:27 AM   #25
artificial
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marnom View Post
I just got my case and here are the pics.
I got mine yesterday. I think it works fine.

I used the case today for transporting the Kobo in my bag, and it worked well. I just wanted a case that would protect the screen from scratches during transit, and a case that folds back so that I can clip my MightBright light to it when I'm reading in bed at night. It does both of those things.

The mock-leather the cover is made from looks and feel cheap, but for AU$20 it's about as well constructed as I expected.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:41 AM   #26
suiciety
suiciety began at the beginning.

Device: kobo and Eco Reader
I ordered one of these too off ebay and I've been using the case from my Eco Reader and finding that the navigation buttons get pushed when it's in my laptop bag.

How have you been finding this cover? Have the buttons been randomly pushed?

This would be one of those firmware requests for sleep instead of power off.
suiciety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:27 AM   #27
EtherealWinter
The Omega and Alpha
EtherealWinter began at the beginning.

mmm doesn't look like the kobo's going to fall out, i might buy one of these
EtherealWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #28
techie42
Zealot
techie42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KOBO and iPad
Is there a source in Canada for these covers?
techie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #29
marnom
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by techie42 View Post
Is there a source in Canada for these covers?
http://cgi.cafr.ebay.ca/Kobo-eReader...#ht_1554wt_981 Black

http://cgi.cafr.ebay.ca/Kobo-eReader...#ht_1554wt_981 Blue

Voilà!

Last edited by marnom; 06-24-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #30
talulu
talulu began at the beginning.

Perfect! Thanks for these helpful comments. I was just looking at that case on ebay and wondering if it would do for my Kobo. In regards to support, is there binding support? (I.e. can I hold the case like a book or will it "flop" or will it slide out because it's not as tight of a fit?). And in your opinion do you think I can put it into a large purse without worrying about a waterbottle or wallet sometimes hitting it? What about if I drop it in the case within 2 feet? Any feedback on this case for the Kobo would be great, thanks!!
talulu is offline   Reply With Quote