Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-24-2016, 04:35 AM   #1
pheitzu
pheitzu began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Where's the inflection information in official dictionaries?

Hey guys, not sure if this have been asked or not.

But recently I have dedrmed and unpacked (using KindleUnpack) the official dictionary New Oxford American Dictionary. I expected there's <idx:iform> tags (for word inflections) in the ouput html file, but I searched the whole file and there was none.

So, Anyone know how official dictionaries handle inflections? Or if the KindleUnpack plugin simply ignored the <idx:iform> tag?

Actually, I need the inflection data in official dictionaries to make my own dictionary. And I have programming skills. So any help would be appreciated.
pheitzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:55 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
AFAIK, KindleUnpack can't reverse-engineer the older inflection format.

(If you use the standalone KindleUnpack version, you'll usually get a message to that effect.)

You might be able to instead use infl.txt from the AGID archive or the English inflection list from this website.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
dictionary