Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 08-19-2016, 10:49 AM   #46
AThirstyMind
A Thirsty Mind
AThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with others

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad, iPhone
Hmm, I just looked at the Look Inside feature at Amazon for several of my clients' new books, and all of them begin with the cover, the front matter (all of it which is a little different than the feature used to do) then the first chapter. The feature bypasses all the guide tags of course, as it should. It is 'Look Inside' after all. I don't style these pages any differently than I ever have before. So this is the new 'Look Inside' feature? I like it. I don't know why you're not seeing the cover though. It does flicker around a bit, but comes right back to the cover before going on to the rest of your sample.
AThirstyMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:45 AM   #47
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Interesting. A couple days ago I saw this effect in every book I looked at. Now it's mostly mine. It seems to be an artifact of epub, sigh. I hate the notion of creating separate e-books for Amazon and for the other e-tailers.

Hang on! All but one have reverted to old style, Open At Cover. How about that?

Last edited by Notjohn; 08-20-2016 at 06:51 AM.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert