Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question emailed files not showing up in Kindle library

I have mailed a couple of .mobi files (ebooks) to my Kindle address. These ebooks are in my Kindle library already, but as .docs. Now that I have them in .mobi, I sent them to my Kindle, but when I check my Kindle library, I don't see them.
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:45 AM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
I have mailed a couple of .mobi files (ebooks) to my Kindle address. These ebooks are in my Kindle library already, but as .docs. Now that I have them in .mobi, I sent them to my Kindle, but when I check my Kindle library, I don't see them.
Do you mean, in the device? Check your documents folder. It doesn't matter if you emailed mobi files, the device still views them as documents, as far as I know.

Or do you mean your Amazon library?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 04:34 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
Check the Kindle home screen display settings. If Books is checked, you won't see your side-loaded books. Select All Items instead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle.png
Views:	3373
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	152184  
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:16 PM   #4
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Check the Kindle home screen display settings. If Books is checked, you won't see your side-loaded books. Select All Items instead.
My goodness!

Thank you. I have long wondered about the invisible books. I have several, though I can usually find them if I thrash about long enough.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote