Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-16-2015, 03:52 PM   #1
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
Firmware for Boyue books T61 - B, C and D revisions and T62 - B, C and D revisions

Firmware:

Boyue firmware for books:
T61 revisions: B, C, D from 11 November 2016
T62 revisions: B, C, D, E from 11 November 2016
T63 JDRead from 20 June 2016 & from Cloud
T80 from 1 January 2017

Download Gonyx and copies of the original firmware from Cloud

Update record:
1, Update system UI;
2, update the boot animation, standby, and shutdown images;
3, to expand the system partition to 600MB;
4, Add A2 refresh function;
5, the 【setting】interface to increase the font management function
6, the 【setting】-【user setting】to increase the lock function;
7, the 【setting】-【user setting】to increase the wifi delay function;
8, the 【setting】-【user setting】to increase the library scan settings function;
9, the 【setting】-【user setting】add text-on-black function;
10, the 【setting】-【user setting】to increase the desktop-style setting function;
11, the 【status bar】-【notice】to add the A2 brush and volume keys to quickly switch;
12, a reader interface to add the lock screen function;
13, the FBreader Reader the new page mode setting function;
14, the optimization process Filemanager display and switch the view does not refresh;
15, the optimization process open books crashing problem;
16, the optimization processing FBreader reading interface to search, jump pages no problem;
17, the optimization processing picture browser display order inconsistency problem;
18, the optimization process opens a third-party reader mode long press to open the books after click Modify to open the reader; and
19, optimize processing third-party software after entering the bottom of the display black;
20, modify the file Manager and the gallery at the bottom of stateless bar problem

You need to extract from a RAR archive and then upload to the device files update.zip or update.img file.
It is also possible using the app RKBathTool, a file with the extension IMG download with your PC the firmware in the device.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tutorial y FW Energy eReader Series.pdf (581.9 KB, 6209 views)
File Type: pdf Tutorial y FW Energy eReader Series_EN.pdf (585.2 KB, 2409 views)

Last edited by FOV; 01-27-2019 at 08:08 AM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:08 PM   #2
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Thanks! My T62B currently has the 20150402 and when I check for an update, none is found. Does anyone know what's in the 20150831? I've seen people complain about the lowest light level being too high in a recent update - is that in this update? I frequently read in bed so I need a low light level.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2015, 03:05 PM   #3
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Port full firmware with Onyx C67ML for Boyue T62-C, Energy eReader Pro & A6LHD2014Rel

Port full firmware with Onyx C67ML for Boyue T62-C, Energy eReader Pro & A6LHD Released in 2014 year
Made mod based firmware Onyx C67ML v1.7.3

1. ADB interface - enabled.
2. Android version 4.2.2 build 745
3. DPI set to 240.
4. Backlight On/Off standard button
5. Integrated ROOT
6. Alreader automatically switches to E-ink
7. Added option to update from SD card, as implemented on the native firmware
8. From firmware deleted: Onyx Ota Service, Pico TTS, Sound Recorder, FBReader(stock) and applications related to Telephony
9. In firmware added: speech Synthesizer Google, Notepad, OnyxScribbler, FBReader(original), AlReader, Dictan, Fora Dictionary
10. In the firmware update: Google Play store, Google Play Service

p.s. No changed the style of the original firmware Onyx, now 0% support third-party software with black themes.

With standard factory markings (System=512Мб, Data=1Гб, SDcard=5.5Гб) can be downloaded from here

With extended markup (System=1Гб, Data & SDcard=6Гб) can be downloaded from here

To unzip you need to use the latest version of 7zip or WinRar. The file was compressed 7zip.

Last edited by FOV; 10-06-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:07 PM   #4
FOV
Connoisseur

Port full firmware with Onyx C67ML for Boyue T62+D, Energy eReader Pro+ & A6LHD2015Re

Port full firmware with Onyx C67ML for Boyue T62+D, Energy eReader Pro+ & A6LHD Released in 2015 year

1. ADB interface - enabled.
2. Android version 4.2.2 build 745
3. DPI set to 240.
4. Backlight On/Off standard button
5. Integrated ROOT
6. Alreader automatically switches to E-ink
7. Added option to update from SD card, as implemented on the native firmware
8. From firmware deleted: Onyx Ota Service, Pico TTS, Sound Recorder, FBReader(stock) and applications related to Telephony
9. In firmware added: speech Synthesizer Google, Notepad, OnyxScribbler, FBReader(original), AlReader, Dictan, Fora Dictionary
10. In the firmware update: Google Play store, Google Play Service

p.s. No changed the style of the original firmware Onyx, now 0% support third-party software with black themes.

With standard factory markings (System=512Мб, Data=1Гб, SDcard=5.5Гб) can be downloaded from here

With extended markup (System=1Гб, Data & SDcard=6Гб) can be downloaded from here

To unzip you need to use the latest version of 7zip or WinRar. The file was compressed 7zip.

Last edited by FOV; 10-06-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:15 PM   #5
Kunvp
Enthusiast
Kunvp began at the beginning.

Device: Promedia e-reader (Onyx C67ML) - Aldi2016 / Former: Sony PRS-T1&T2
Thank you Fov!
Please can you try to explain this newbie what teh difference is between:
-standard factory markings (System=512Мб, Data=1Гб, SDcard=5.5Гб)
- extended markup (System=1Гб, Data & SDcard=6Гб)
Kunvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2015, 07:48 PM   #6
FOV
Connoisseur

Methods of marking internal storage:
Standard is the factory that out of the box.
Extended - this is the markup where application data and user data hosted on a single partition size of 6Gb. In this case the System partition is increased from 512Mb to 1Gb.

Last edited by FOV; 10-06-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:40 PM   #7
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Any word on the stock epub reader (not the FBReader)? Some improvement in CSS handling would be nice.
I know I can install epub readers from the market but they have issues with eInk or simply does not know about CSS styling.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:07 AM   #8
Kunvp
Enthusiast
Kunvp began at the beginning.

Device: Promedia e-reader (Onyx C67ML) - Aldi2016 / Former: Sony PRS-T1&T2
emole, the stock epub reader IS FB reader?
Have same identified issues with the CSS.
Kunvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:33 PM   #9
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
No, something based on Adobe Digital Editions SDK. On my firmware I can choose between it and FB2 as the default epub reader app.

FB2 cannot even handle lines, text background color, tables...
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:17 PM   #10
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
Firmware: August 31, 2015 is available to download from Google Drive

Files taken from the Chinese Baidu sharing
I have a Boyue T62D and I am extremely frustrated by the battery life, it drains ridiculously fast even when not being used. Will this update help with that? I was thinking of trying to figure out how to root the T62D and "flash?" the Energy Sistem ROM, but now I'm wondering if this will be enough to solve the battery drain problem. I'm hoping, anyway.

Please excuse my ignorance - I am very unfamiliar with all of this. I have only previously updated the firmware automatically when the device showed an update available.

I downloaded the RAR file. Could someone please explain to me what to do with it? Do I extract the file(s?) and then somehow copy it to the T62D? I am completely clueless.

Thanks in advance!
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:04 AM   #11
ak1968
ak1968 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62C
With latest Boyue T62C firmware (20150831) the 'Volume keys settings' is no longer an off/on-switch, but opens 'connect as' menu (options media device, camera and mass storage)...
Any solutions??

edit: resolved in firmware version Boyue-T62C-2015-09-29

Last edited by ak1968; 10-28-2015 at 06:14 AM. Reason: resolved
ak1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:31 PM   #12
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Hi

Are these Boyue firmwares on that Baidu link real Boyue firmwares or all are modified? I have a Boyue T62 and I do not mind installing their newer firware before moving ahead with this modified stuff.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 10:11 AM   #13
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Port full firmware with Onyx C67ML for Boyue T62-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
Port full firmware with Onyx C67ML for Boyue T62-C, Energy eReader Pro & A6LHD Released in 2014 year
@FOV:
Thanks for that.
Just got my Reader back from support and started to download your firmware. Got a little frightened since on Googledrive the file is named:
For_update_with_stock_firmware_Boyue-Gmini-Energy_Systems-Gonyx172.7z
but I had previously downloaded:
C67ML_1.7.3_Gonyx-T62C-150929-Standart.7z
Couldn't get the device to update itself via update.img on the flash drive so I updated via RKBatchtool which worked fine.
Saw in the settings that it is version 1.7.3 so probably just a mistype in the name on Googledrive. Now I'm testing it ...
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:09 PM   #14
FOV
Connoisseur

That's not a typo. This option to update from SD card when upgrading from firmware specified in the file name.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #15
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Thanks for the clarification. Now that I know it, it seems logical.
DPI 240 is necessary for all the stuff in the statusbar? It makes looking Relaunch as home app a little bloated.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote