Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 03-28-2017, 12:11 PM   #391
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I like Davis a little more and Maddox Roberts a lot more than Doherty, as far as historicals go, but still quite like the Egyptian and Macedonian Doherty titles I have read.

As far as Roman historials, I also adore David Wishart's books (especially the ones he calls "political", which have more historical background in them than the "normal" ones; Wishart does have a distinctive style which folks tend to either love or hate), and quite like Rosemary Rowe, Jane Finnis, and Ruth Downie (love Tilla). So maybe if you can't get Maddox Roberts in the UK, some of these are available <grin>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
There's a number at 99p and £1.99 on Amazon.co.uk as well:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_pg...qid=1490663603

I've read a few of his works but have to say I prefer Lindsey Davis (waiting for a price drop on 11-20 of Falco), John Maddox Roberts (why aren't SPQR available in the UK?) and Stephen Saylor.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2017, 04:57 PM   #392
maddz
Addict
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I like Davis a little more and Maddox Roberts a lot more than Doherty, as far as historicals go, but still quite like the Egyptian and Macedonian Doherty titles I have read.

As far as Roman historials, I also adore David Wishart's books (especially the ones he calls "political", which have more historical background in them than the "normal" ones; Wishart does have a distinctive style which folks tend to either love or hate), and quite like Rosemary Rowe, Jane Finnis, and Ruth Downie (love Tilla). So maybe if you can't get Maddox Roberts in the UK, some of these are available <grin>.
I tried Wishart a while back and found the historical inaccuracies enough to put me off trying him again. This was several years back so matters may have improved since then but I have enough on the Kindle app alone to keep me busy for months.

I can get hard copies of Maddox Roberts, but not any of the SPQR ebooks (only the Hannibal's Children duology and the Dragonlance (?) he wrote). Makes me consider piracy...
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:12 PM   #393
GA Russell
Redblacks! (No kidding!)
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles 8, 4 and jetBook Lite
A Rule Against Murder (Gamache #4) - Louise Penny - $2.99
https://www.amazon.com/Rule-Against-...dp/B002ASFQ3G/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM   #394
sqdancer
Evangelist
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek, Sony T2 & T3, Kobo Glo AuraHD AuraH2O, Kindle Touch2 & K4B
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
A Rule Against Murder (Gamache #4) - Louise Penny - $2.99
https://www.amazon.com/Rule-Against-...dp/B002ASFQ3G/
FYI for those who "travel" - the original (Canadian/UK) title is The murder stone
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM   #395
Wearever
Evangelist
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Kindle HDX 7, 8.9, Kindle PW3, Ipad mini 2. Air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Thanks for the Doherty recommendations. I've decided to give the Hugh Corbett omnibus a go.
So did I, I've read a couple stand alone books by Dorerty and like them. Nice way to try out the Hugh Corbett series.

Thanks Sufue

Last edited by Wearever; Yesterday at 03:57 PM.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:13 AM   #396
Mort1997
Guru
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T, Nook Glow and Kobo Aura H2O
Today's big deal (Amazon)

Books 1 to 6 of Vera (Ann Cleeves)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=s9_ac...d_i=5400977031
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote