Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 10-05-2016, 06:37 AM   #16
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
In the last 12 months I have had 3 months for 99p, 3 months for £3.99, and my latest is 3 months for £1.99. I cancel then within a few weeks they come back with a new promo. My current membership will be cancelled in two weeks, just before my next payment (full price) is due.

The normal price for a 1 month 1 credit membership is £7.99. I feel i've done quite well
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:50 PM   #17
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
But you'll have a credit plus the $20 coupon for the price of a credit.
ah, yea...did not factor the credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
You need to up the disloyalty factor to make it worthwhile. After you get the credit, binge on Whispersync then you can go ahead and cancel. I've got 10 WS titles already lined up to get next time I get bribed; I can be (a-la Nicholas Cage) "Gone in 60 Seconds."
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:03 AM   #18
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I used up my credit and again canceled my Audible membership last night. This time, I was shown a selection of books and invited to choose one for free. Nothing there was of particular interest, so I passed, and no further enticements were offered.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:13 PM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I used up my credit and again canceled my Audible membership last night. This time, I was shown a selection of books and invited to choose one for free. Nothing there was of particular interest, so I passed, and no further enticements were offered.
I canceled last night and got nothing

YMMV
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:30 PM   #20
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I have one credit left to use so I paused my monthly membership until January, then I'll pick something and cancel. I'm waiting for a specific book that has been 'Coming Soon' on the publishers Audiobook listing for a while, I'm hoping it turns up before I cancel.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:47 PM   #21
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Well, I'm an Audible member again. I tried the 99-cents-a-month-for-two-months offer in post #1, not really thinking it'd work after only a day and a half of nonmembership, but it did, so I went through with it. I almost feel guilty.

P.S. I'm referring to post #1 in the audiobook thread of the deals section.

Last edited by Catlady; 10-21-2016 at 05:14 PM. Reason: P.S.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote