Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 06-18-2018, 02:03 PM   #1
Muller
Muller began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle oasis
Problem with TheAtlantic.com

Hello !

Since last week, the recipe "TheAtlantic.com" (not The Atlantic) does not seem to work anymore : I only get photos and no article on the built-in reader of Calibre. On my Kindle Oasis, the articles appear, but as subtitles or summaries, under the headlines, and are therefore unreadable.

Am I the only one having this problem ?

Thanks
Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:50 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont see how one could work and the other not work. The two recipes are identical, except that one uses RSS feeds to get the list of articles and the other parses the atlantic website. Are you sure you are using the builtin recipe for both?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2018, 01:35 AM   #3
Muller

Thank you for your answer, Kovid. In fact, it has been a while since I did not use the recipe 'The Atlantic', whereas I use 'TheAtlantic.com' twice a week. I just fetched the news from 'The Atlantic' and the same problem seems to appear. To be precise, I get some articles (2 or 3) but for the most of them, only photos. (The others recipes I use are working fine.)
Old 06-19-2018, 03:50 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...de9c9feab7dddf
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:55 AM   #5
Muller

Thank you very much, Kovid, for your quick answers !

Can I make the changes myself (and, sorry, how ?) or is it better to wait for an update ?
Advert
Old 06-19-2018, 07:08 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As far as I know recipies auto upgrade when used.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #7
Muller

You're right, PeterT ! It works very well. Thank you very much !

And thanks again, Kovid.