Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook
Aldiko & Calibre Indent Woe.

After two days of intense reseach and labor, I am asking for help. Aldiko is intending some text I don't want intended. They look fine in Calibre, and I've tried to edit the ePub after Calibre to fix the indent. But when I convert the ePub again, I lose the change to prevent the indent.

Is there a way within Calibre to stipulate a no indent in a style or to edit the stylesheet Calibre creates. I have learned I have to tell this specific style or line in this case no text-indent 0; otherwise Aldiko will put one there.

These are ePub's I create in Word, so I have the source. My stylesheet in Word has not indent in it, to which I export it to Web-filtered and then bring it into Calibre to convert. Does a nice job; except because there is no css comment not to intend that line I have for a title, Aldiko intents it.

I know I'll tend to convert this ePub again in the future and so I am trying to make a standard that I can remember.

Any help would be appreciated.
Themus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook
I figured it out late last night. Because I have benefited so much from others sharing, I will share what I found in hopes it may help some else.

Aldiko inserts paragraph indents by its very nature. Other eReaders don't. Aldiko has to be told not to indent a paragraph, otherwise it will. You can edit an ePub and insert code to keep it from doing so. My desire, however, was to make sure if I converted that ePub in Calibre again later, I wouldn't lose that coding and have to redo that work again. Calibre removes those inserted codes upon re-conversion.

If you use Word, I found it does not insert specific code addressing no indent without a little trick {even if your sytle is set to flush left, no first line indent.} Set your style to indent first line. Say .25." This will indent your paragraph {I know that is not the goal.}

Follow that up, however, by overriding that paragraph style and selecting that paragraph and choose no indent under the paragraph properties. This inserts specifically the no-indent code which Aldiko looks for.

From Word I export it as web page, filtered and import it into Calibre.

I have tried it all day and it works fine.
Themus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert