Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-25-2006, 07:29 AM   #1
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Device: Zaurus C1000/iLiad/SE K750i
How to get 2.7.1 without closing holes

Hello!

For them, who are really interesed in new patch but still want to have some place to play I tried to download update without updating. I just canceled update in the right time. I have no time to discover what they have realy done in this patch, but if some body wants - see attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: gz 2708-patch.tar.gz (856.6 KB, 434 views)

Last edited by Mike Kostousov; 10-25-2006 at 07:42 AM.
Mike Kostousov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:44 AM   #2
design256
Connoisseur
design256 doesn't litterdesign256 doesn't litter

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kostousov
Hello!

For them, how are really interesed in new patch but still want to have some place to play I tried to download update without updating. I just canceled update it in right time. I have no time for discover what they realy done in this patch, but if some body wants - see attachment.
Thanks Mike. You've saved me lots of worry. Loads of ways to leave a backdoor in place now we know what's in it. Major changes look like:

Xfbdev in start.sh now run with -nolisten tcp

main updated files:

browser
connectionMgr
contentLister
downloadMgr
ipdf (replaces xpdf in er_registry - I wonder why...)
mb-applet-icon-container
design256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2006, 07:56 AM   #3
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by design256
ipdf (replaces xpdf in er_registry - I wonder why...)
I see libpoppler in /usr/lib. It is pdf rendering library, it is based on xpdf. poppler team works together with kpdf project, so this library are in develop. ipdf can be quicker..
Old 10-25-2006, 08:35 AM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Excellent Mike.

Is the patch everything that is being executed during the update? I don't see any attempt to remote root access again (e.g. by changing passwords, uninstalling dropbear, etc.)...
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:08 AM   #5
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur

It seems that it is everything. But I am not sure, because after this update iLiad can connect to iDS one more time. See ./usr/bin/post_download.sh in patch. It has lines:
Code:
# write flag to reconnect to iDS after reboot
sysset -w -a 153 -l 1 -v 1
Advert
Old 10-25-2006, 09:10 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
From the announcement:

Quote:
# After connecting to the server you will get a message: Downloading Software Patch v2.7.1 and the progress of the download.
# When the download is complete wait until the screen of the iLiad turns white.
# After this the iLiad will automatically restart itself.
# When the iLiad has restarted, it will reconnect to the iDS to check for any further downloads.
# When there are no additional downloads you will return to the Download history screen, and the installation is complete.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:42 AM   #7
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
As much as I liked Design256's pre-exploit work around, , I'd rather encourage iRex to post the patches.

I'm quite capable of applying them manually.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:17 PM   #8
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Should I move this to the development subforum? I think so...any objections?
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote