Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
King's "Under The Dome" dropped to $7.99 on pre-order

This had been at $9.99

For a full discussion of Stephen King's book, please see this MobileRead link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41822

By the way, I just now pre-ordered this one - and saved two dollars.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I almost canceled my original pre-order and jumped on this. Then I realized I was would only be saving $1.01 (pre-ordered At $9) so I left it in place. It's great deal for others who haven't ordered yet (it's a huge book).

I wonder if the price dip is due to the nook (yay competition ) or King's people realizing his sales are down 1/3 (at least with Amazon and the 100/48 deal ) and want to make sure they make it up to ticked off ebook buyers.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Could be due to poor reviews - the lower price will entice more ebook buyers and that might be enough to keep him on the bestseller list a bit longer...

I am tempted, though...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I almost canceled my original pre-order and jumped on this. Then I realized I was would only be saving $1.01 (pre-ordered At $9) so I left it in place. It's great deal for others who haven't ordered yet (it's a huge book).
Amazon UK automatically refund you the difference in the price of an item if the price falls between your pre-order and the final shipping price. Do Amazon US not do the same thing?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Amazon UK automatically refund you the difference in the price of an item if the price falls between your pre-order and the final shipping price. Do Amazon US not do the same thing?
I don't know. I haven't been charged yet, so maybe I'll get the lower price. I still see it listed as $9 on my Manage Your Kindle page. I'll let you know.
Advert
Old 12-08-2009, 04:34 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Amazon does reduce the price of anything that drops IF it has the pre-order guarantee slogan on it's page (it also appears on your invoice for that item).

Nothing in the Kindle store has this guarantee (although the Kindle itself has gotten refunds on price drops within 30 days of purchase, no doubt due to the ability to ship it back and buy a new one at the lower price - cheaper to just do refunds across the board).

Several bought Pirate Latitudes at $9 and didn't get the lower $7.20 price because they didn't cancel and re-order when it was at that price.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
If they choose not to charge me the lessor price, I won't really care.

$9 is a fair price. $1 less will make no difference.

Now.......if they reduced it to $4.99............
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #8
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
I checked my Kindle Account info where my pre-order has been listed since I locked it in at $9 on November 10th. It was still listed at said $9, but after a quick cancel order and a click on pre-order I now have it locked in at the $7.99 price. Thanks Dr. Drib, karma to you!
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connallmac View Post
I checked my Kindle Account info where my pre-order has been listed since I locked it in at $9 on November 10th. It was still listed at said $9, but after a quick cancel order and a click on pre-order I now have it locked in at the $7.99 price. Thanks Dr. Drib, karma to you!
Okay, I broke down and re-ordered it at the $7.99 price as well.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Okay, I broke down and re-ordered it at the $7.99 price as well.
Well crap. Me too!

I'll just use that extra dollar to ........uh..........what can I do with $1???
Old 12-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Well crap. Me too!

I'll just use that extra dollar to ........uh..........what can I do with $1???
Buy a 99 cent book from the Kindle free and under $1 list?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Buy a 99 cent book from the Kindle free and under $1 list?
And I'll still have a couple of cents left over.....
Old 12-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #13
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I went ahead and preordered it also
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:56 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I can see we're going to have to have an "Ebook Reading Group" on this when it's released as an ebook.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-09-2009 at 06:24 AM. Reason: "SEE"
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:17 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Unfortunately it's not available on the Kindle to those of us who live outside the US. Luckily, though, I can buy it in ePub format elsewhere .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote