Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
best format to convert to mobi

So I have a Sony 505 and a bunch of LRF's... I want to convert most of them into mobi to use on my Kindle 2.
I sort of have the hang of using LRFTools to convert them to something else... but what is the best format to convert LRFs to before converting them to mobi?

I am on a Mac and will not have access to a windows pc until mid april...

Ideas?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Will LRF Tools make an epub out of an LRF? I can't recall, but if it does you could do that and then use Calibre to make a Mobi.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Will LRF Tools make an epub out of an LRF? I can't recall, but if it does you could do that and then use Calibre to make a Mobi.
I didnt think of epub! I tried HTML and XML and they dont come out well. I was starting to think there was a special trick or something. Lets see if it works
Old 03-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
So I have a Sony 505 and a bunch of LRF's... I want to convert most of them into mobi to use on my Kindle 2.

Where did you get the LRF files? Most sources for these files also contain other formats such as mobipocket.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:36 AM   #5
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Where did you get the LRF files? Most sources for these files also contain other formats such as mobipocket.

BOb
Some of them are from the sony store and I am trying not to count those books as a loss...
I did download the books again that I got from feedbooks and maybooks.net so those are not a problem...
Advert
Old 03-15-2009, 05:43 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Some of them are from the sony store and I am trying not to count those books as a loss...
I did download the books again that I got from feedbooks and maybooks.net so those are not a problem...
Books downloaded from the Sony Store will be "LRX" files, generally speaking, not "LRF". These cannot be converted to other formats.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:15 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I sort of have the hang of using LRFTools to convert them to something else... but what is the best format to convert LRFs to before converting them to mobi?

Ideas?
Since some of these LRF, are LRX, why not just read then on your 505? It's a lot easier then the hassle of trying to convert.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:51 AM   #8
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Since some of these LRF, are LRX, why not just read then on your 505? It's a lot easier then the hassle of trying to convert.
Because I want to sell my 505 now that I have a Kindle 2
Old 03-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #9
rcuadro
Wizard

Is there something that will convert LRX's?
Old 03-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is there something that will convert LRX's?
Nope. Sony's DRM has not been broken.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well... that might be the case. About the only way I can think to convert them it to cut-n-paste them from the Sony eBook Library viewer into files... then format and create a mobi book with them using Mobicreator or Book designer.

I'm not even sure if this is possible. The Sony viewer may block cut-n-paste. I have never tried it.

BOb
Old 03-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Well... that might be the case. About the only way I can think to convert them it to cut-n-paste them from the Sony eBook Library viewer into files... then format and create a mobi book with them using Mobicreator or Book designer.

I'm not even sure if this is possible. The Sony viewer may block cut-n-paste. I have never tried it.

BOb

IIRC it does block cut 'n paste on DRM'd books.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:51 AM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
IIRC it does block cut 'n paste on DRM'd books.
Ah... well in that case... Screen Grabs and OCR. But, at this point it doesn't see cost effective. I would say, read them on your 505 or keep your Sony software/account so you can read them on your PC.

BOb
Old 03-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #14
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Can LRF be converted to .txt and back to kindle somehow?
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #15
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorsey View Post
Can LRF be converted to .txt and back to kindle somehow?
Here's the difference, LRF is non-DRM Sony files and LRX is a DRM Sony file; Sony store ONLY sells LRX (DRM has not been broken and can only be read on Sony reader and computer). Yes, Sony has a library software that allows you to read your books from 6 different devices, and those devices can be readers or computers. Like I have the Sony library installed on 3 computers and I have my reader, so I can download a book purchased from Sony on all 4. So an LRF fife (non-drm Sony file) could easily be converted to Mobi by Calibre.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote