Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
El Lobo
47 going on 18!
El Lobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hello from Oklahoma City

Getting ready to purchase my first eReader, and it looks like a Kindle 2 is in my future.

Big thanks to everyone for all the info I've gleaned over the last couple weeks. This is a real helpful and friendly site.
El Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Howdy. I'm in Norman!

Got my Kindle 2 last week, absolutely love it!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
El Lobo
47 going on 18!

Hey Gideon, pleased to meet you.

Just waiting for my tax return to get back, then mine will be in the mail.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi El Lobo and welcome to the Forum. Be sure and let us know when you get the Kindle
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello El Lobo -- welcome to MobileRead. I have a First-edition Kindle and enjoy it very much. My best friend is getting a K2, and I hope to compare with her very soon. I'm willing to bet that you'll enjoy having a Kindle.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #6
El Lobo
47 going on 18!

Thanks for the welcome.

A little about myself.

I retired from the Air Force after 21 years of service, most of that with AWACS. During my years I was deployed more than 30 times. Being a reader was a blessing during all those trips.

My main interests are Sci-Fi and Science. I also collect origami books, having learned paper folding 35 years ago from a friend of my Dad's that was stationed in Japan. I also have 40 or 50 first edition sci-fi paperbacks from the 1940-1970 timeframe I have collected.

I'm currently working as a Software Test Director. I still go on business trips, but now as a civilian I don't have to sleep in a tent .