Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #31
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
When's the last time you tried using your CC? Kobo purchases in the US go through the Kobo US subsidiary in Delaware now instead of being charged from Canada. So it's not a non-US purchase anymore.
Maybe a month ago.
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:18 AM   #32
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
The same with Kobo France. I emailed the customer service who said the service was no longer available (no subtext about it being temporary). At least Kobo france is in Euro. my bank charges me 1 euros for any purchase in foreign currency, whatever the amount is. I'm so disappointed. And no store here sells physical kobo gift cards
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #33
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by septentrion View Post
The same with Kobo France. I emailed the customer service who said the service was no longer available (no subtext about it being temporary). At least Kobo france is in Euro. my bank charges me 1 euros for any purchase in foreign currency, whatever the amount is. I'm so disappointed. And no store here sells physical kobo gift cards
FNAC is selling Kobo cards. It wasn't several months ago, but around January I saw some of them. They're not the same as FNAC gift cards.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #34
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I saw the gift cards for sale in a Walmart in Canada today.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #35
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Ugh! I just found this thread while doing a search to figure out why I couldn't buy a gift card from the website. They just lost another customer, as I won't go back to putting tiny charges on my credit card either. It's not worth putting up with all their other crap.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2013, 01:58 AM   #36
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
FNAC is selling Kobo cards. It wasn't several months ago, but around January I saw some of them. They're not the same as FNAC gift cards.
thank you! I'll have a look when I go there!
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #37
gunbad
Zealot
gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4
Sadly my local Best Buy store has put their remaining Kobo gift cards on the clearance aisle.
I do hope Kobo has plans to reestablish their brand here in US.
gunbad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #38
hemaky
hemaky began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Red face

As of june first in Canada Kobo is no longer accepting gift cards from Chapters Indogo which was easy purchase for me as I did not want to put many little charges on my CC.
hemaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #39
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I bet this whole thing is about separating Chapters-Indigo-kobo linked services now that it is Kobo-Rakuten.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Batac View Post
This is quite sad, especially those that cannot use credit cards or other payment schemes online. I just wish that this is some temporary setback.
But, you can use PayPal to by eBooks and all you need is a bank account. No need for a credit card. I don't see how that can be a problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #41
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemaky View Post
As of june first in Canada Kobo is no longer accepting gift cards from Chapters Indigo.
Some warning would have been nice....I wonder how many people have received gift cards for that purpose and haven't used them yet. I almost am in that category, but luckily not.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbad View Post
Sadly my local Best Buy store has put their remaining Kobo gift cards on the clearance aisle.
I do hope Kobo has plans to reestablish their brand here in US.
Kobo has partnered with many independent bookstores in the US. Have a look on their website.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #43
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But, you can use PayPal to by eBooks and all you need is a bank account. No need for a credit card. I don't see how that can be a problem.
Kobo doesn't take PayPal in all regions and not everyone uses PayPal. It also doesn't help for people who want to give gift cards as ...gifts.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #44
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I tried to use both my credit card and my bank account through PayPal. After the first transaction, both were shut down until I called my bank to verify the transaction. I wouldn't have thought there was even a way for that to happen, but it did.
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #45
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by cghipp View Post
I tried to use both my credit card and my bank account through PayPal. After the first transaction, both were shut down until I called my bank to verify the transaction. I wouldn't have thought there was even a way for that to happen, but it did.
Last year, all US tech purchases were denied by my bank until I authorized them. They were having fraud issues. It may be inconvenient, but it is good to know that banks are being proactive. They also caught someone buying Apple products using my CC# in the US. $15,000 worth.Good bank!
taming is offline   Reply With Quote