Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
Inconnu
Inconnu began at the beginning.

Device: Ipod 8gig
Calibre + Stanza

I current use Calibre's content server to send books to my Ipod, then use Stanza to read them. It works great, I love it!

Lately Stanza has trouble showing the library if I have more then 3 or 4 books down loaded. I keep getting a white screen when I either finish and delete a book, or try to look at the library. I've reloaded the app and this keeps happening.

Is there another app for the Ipod that works the same with Calibre as Stanza and the reader actually works?
Inconnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconnu View Post
I current use Calibre's content server to send books to my Ipod, then use Stanza to read them. It works great, I love it!

Lately Stanza has trouble showing the library if I have more then 3 or 4 books down loaded. I keep getting a white screen when I either finish and delete a book, or try to look at the library. I've reloaded the app and this keeps happening.

Is there another app for the Ipod that works the same with Calibre as Stanza and the reader actually works?
Check your memory... 8 GB is not much, your iPod is probably close to "full" and it may have nothing to do with Stanza or Calibre. My 32 GB iPod has zero issues with Stanza. I don't think changing apps will solve your problem. You will probably have to delete some stuff to make room.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 08-27-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
Inconnu

I don't think that is it. I have 5.75 gig available on the Ipod.

I use it for reading and have 5 apps loaded..Stanza, Pandora, Fox Sports, Overdrive and Optimum's app. I'll just have to keep it to 2 or 3 books. I like the way this works.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
It just occurred to me that there is a setting in Stanza to limit how much memory is used on your device... Go to Info (the gear icon), Settings, General and then Library Cache Size. You can then use the slider to "add" memory for Stanza.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
Inconnu

That did it. Thanks!
Advert