Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #151
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
ah cool. Well the modules are already built, so... no point in that.

good info
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #152
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
IIRC, if you want to build *modules* without flashing the kernel, then, yeah, you'll need more or less the exact same TC amazon used.

If you intend to fully flash kernel + modules, then I think you can go with whatever you prefer . (And if you do, check the few comments in my cross-compile env setup, there are a few links to easy stuff that it might be neat to backport).
Thanks NiLuJe. I'll look into your x-compile.sh in the other thread then, but...

Let me get quickly carried away for 2 seconds with this question: See, NiLuJe, what are the complexities of getting this flavor of Linux that runs on Kindle (I'm not just talking about Kindle 3, maybe even Touch or PW or whatever) to a device like Nook? Is it likely or is it ridiculous?!
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #153
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a nook.

And unless I am deeply mistaken it's android (which is linux under the hood) anyhow...

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android..._system)#Linux

This particular version is a bit old AFAIK. but meh. all depends by what you mean by "ON A NOOK"...

Last edited by twobob; 10-27-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #154
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I have a nook.

And unless I am deeply mistaken it's android (which is linux under the hood) anyhow...
That's right. What I have in mind is to have the whole OS run on Nook as if it was Kindle! Well, I know I'm over-over-oversimplifying things. Not just Kindle Reader on Nook but the whole OS...

The way Duokan runs on Kindles... like a damn parasite!
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #155
twobob

meh - I don't see why not.

but there are a LOT of hardware specific bits, (upstart, drivers, etc...) that you would need to build/amend...

and honestly? the Amazon Overlay OS just aint that great that I would spend my life messing with it. Heck I removed my nook OS entirely.
Advert
Old 05-08-2016, 12:08 AM   #156
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
For anybody hunting for various vintages of CS toolchains, here is the motherload of working download links (and no Baidu registration required):

http://www.veryarm.com/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-08-2016 at 12:14 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buildroot, compile, howto, kernal, kindle 3.3