Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
dentist.barakat
dentist.barakat began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
does our edges lost there position

does edge device become useless by stoping manifacturing and support the device , or still doing well between the new excellent another androids?

how much the price now of new egde 10 inch , cz i just buy used one for 250$ , ? does this price is ok for good used one

thnx
dentist.barakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
The price seems okay from what I've seen on ebay. The Pocket edge is more available so cheaper.

It is a great product but there will be a problem in the future for parts I would guess, there is no official support but great support here at this board :-) so that shouldn't be a problem.

We can enjoy them for now. Something better will probably come along soon and we will all move on to something else, though I plan to use my pocket till it quits :-)
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
dentist.barakat

Quote:
Originally Posted by exscentric View Post
The price seems okay from what I've seen on ebay. The Pocket edge is more available so cheaper.

It is a great product but there will be a problem in the future for parts I would guess, there is no official support but great support here at this board :-) so that shouldn't be a problem.

We can enjoy them for now. Something better will probably come along soon and we will all move on to something else, though I plan to use my pocket till it quits :-)
thank u very much for ansering me really i find the edge very amazing and has many scientific features like eink for my researches as i work as a dentist.

but i have a problem to use 3g usb modem with edge.does any one has a solution?
Old 10-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentist.barakat View Post
There has been talk about 3G modems working under Dingo and not under Ermine.
There are still components in place to enable 3G under Ermine, but the most workable solution seems to be tethering:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152164

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=147180
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
thank u very much for ansering me really i find the edge very amazing and has many scientific features like eink for my researches as i work as a dentist.

Just one question. Do you have to use a 3G connection? If you are in an office that has WiFi the EE will use that without any problems.

If you must use 3G then there are ways to do so talked about in the threads mentioned by ptsenter. There may be a way of combining a WiFi AP and a 3G dongle but our tests and programs are only in the early stages at the moment.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #6
dentist.barakat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Just one question. Do you have to use a 3G connection? If you are in an office that has WiFi the EE will use that without any problems.

If you must use 3G then there are ways to do so talked about in the threads mentioned by ptsenter. There may be a way of combining a WiFi AP and a 3G dongle but our tests and programs are only in the early stages at the moment.
i must use 3g modem cz i have not wifi connection the only method is 3g connnection plz help me is any programme or set up help me to do this
Old 10-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #7
ATFmac
Connoisseur
ATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge, Ermine 0.9, Rooted, Market Enabled
Quote:
i must use 3g modem cz i have not wifi connection the only method is 3g connnection plz help me is any programme or set up help me to do this
Well if you need 3g, the main thing to do are either of the links posted by ptsenter above.

Tethering involves your EE and having a rooted smartphone that has 3g. Certain phone providers haven't deactivated their tethering while others charge for it, so you may not need a rooted phone if it works unrooted.

Do you have a smartphone with 3g or 4g?
ATFmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:34 AM   #8
aluraread
aluraread began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek libre
3g on the edge

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobil....html?tab=tab2
either the mifi 2200 or the peeL 3200 will work. the peel 3200 says it's for ipods but that's only for the sleeve functionality it's just a a highly miniaturized wifi to cdma (3g wireless bridge) that's my solution due to the low cost.
500 mb would be unacceptable if i needed to support streaming but my applications on the go are non-multimedia browsing and voip.
I suspect the mifi 2200 would be more suitable for you due larger more economical in those quantities, data blocks. Also the Peel 3200 only supports WEP, which would be a deal breaker for me but the signal is only good for 20 feet (I read the manual). Both are pretty economical solutions unless you need tons of multimedia for your applications.
Luck, mark
aluraread is offline   Reply With Quote