Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 07:34 AM   #91
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Where'd you get it, Square One? The folks at Heartland told me they have no idea when it'll be coming in.
Square one, they told me that it had just come in! Both the red and the white came in yesterday!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #92
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgyr View Post
I wish I read this statement before I bought my white one. The lighting in the store was shining off the bezel so badly. In fact,come to think about it, I was actually very disappointed when I saw the reader in store as the lights were glaring off the actual reading page and I had to be convinced to actually get it by my wife. Having bought it and used it at home, the glare was nowhere near as bad as it was in store. I assume that will be the same case as with the bezel ... would have preferred either the black or red ones!
Oh well ... now that I have my white one, although not my favourite colour (not that white is much of a colour :P), I love my T1!
Just waiting for Calibre to be updated now
Not long ago, another bus passenger had a white Kindle with a black skin in a black case, which made quite a snazzy impression!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #93
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was thinking about getting the red case, but perhaps a red T1 with a black case or a white case might look snazzier. What do you guys think?

Also, light or no light?
Old 10-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #94
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I was thinking about getting the red case, but perhaps a red T1 with a black case or a white case might look snazzier. What do you guys think?

Also, light or no light?
I think a white case would be a nice complement. I've never had a white case before, so I don't know if I would actually buy it! But it sounds great. The small size wouldn't make it so overpowering. I wouldn't get the case with light. Don't like the bulky look of it. I wish they would come out with a lighted case similar to what's available for the new Kindles.

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Touch-L...8629747&sr=1-1

Last edited by SCION; 10-14-2011 at 06:03 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #95
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I really have to start looking at cases for my red T1. I think if I got a red case it would be hard to match the color red of the device. So, I'm looking at black. I would love it if I could find a brown case. That would be good for me.

SCION those are some nice cases. That 59.95 is steep though. Heck, a few dollars more and you could have the low priced Kindle!

Okay let's get some cases for the T1!!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #96
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
The white case would look nice, but I am concerned it will get dirty given the material that it is made of. I got the case with the light. It is less bulky than previous versions. In fact my 350 with lighted cover is the same width as the T1 with lighted cover. Also, I think that the edge of the case on the right is uncomfortable. The edge width of the T1 is less than previous versions and the case has a hard edge that digs into your thumb after awhile. The light area is flat and much nicer to rest my thumb on. I think the case is much better in person than it looks in photos. Be forewarned though that it is of less quality (lower cost design) than the x50 covers.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #97
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is the T1 basically the same size as the Kindle Touch and Kobo Touch. Maybe it would fit in cases designed for those.

Maybe someone is interested in this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

@jersysman: It's offered in brown.

I have a similar case made for the Kindle 2 that I use with my 950. Found it on eBay for $6. I was using a NOOKcolor case previously.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #98
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Is the T1 basically the same size as the Kindle Touch and Kobo Touch. Maybe it would fit in cases designed for those.

Maybe someone is interested in this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

@jersysman: It's offered in brown.

I have a similar case made for the Kindle 2 that I use with my 950. Found it on eBay for $6. I was using a NOOKcolor case previously.
The T1 is taller and narrower than the NT, and I presume the Kobo Touch and the K4, as well as being thinner.

http://www.wireless-reading-device.n...mparison-chart

You'll either have to buy what's available (boring but servicable), wait until other vendors get into the game, or make your own.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #99
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
You'll either have to buy what's available (boring but servicable), wait until other vendors get into the game, or make your own.
There was barely anything available for the x50s except M-Edge stuff (for a limited time!).
Old 10-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #100
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess

I'm considering making a case, I'm just not sure how I'd go about doing it. Perhaps I'll make it a project for this weekend.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #101
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm considering making a case, I'm just not sure how I'd go about doing it. Perhaps I'll make it a project for this weekend.
If you're willing to sacrifice a hardback book or journal, here's a tutorial -

http://www.instructables.com/id/Hardback-Nook-Case/
Old 10-15-2011, 01:59 AM   #102
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess

Quote:
If you're willing to sacrifice a hardback book or journal, here's a tutorial -

http://www.instructables.com/id/Hardback-Nook-Case/
I like that idea! I'll try to find a good-sized book at Goodwill!
Old 10-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #103
khalleron
Kate

Quote:
I like that idea! I'll try to find a good-sized book at Goodwill!
I'm thinking of getting something like this and trying it.

http://www.amazon.com/Celtic-Journal...=cm_cr_pr_pb_i

Anything about 7"x5" ought to work.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #104
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess

Quote:
I'm thinking of getting something like this and trying it.

http://www.amazon.com/Celtic-Journal...=cm_cr_pr_pb_i

Anything about 7"x5" ought to work.
Gorgeous! I love that idea.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #105
markrich
markrich will become famous soon enoughmarkrich will become famous soon enoughmarkrich will become famous soon enoughmarkrich will become famous soon enoughmarkrich will become famous soon enoughmarkrich will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura One, Samsung tablets
Just picked up a red T1 this afternoon from Bristol, UK. Lovely! Little pinker perhaps that the maroon red of the earlier models but it's okay.

:-)

Last edited by markrich; 10-15-2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: removed unrequired word
markrich is offline   Reply With Quote