Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
How to root your Nook -- easiest step by step walkthrough with pictures

Blogkindle has a really neat walk-through that concludes with the Kindle app (among other Android apps) running on the Nook Color.

The author concludes:

Quote:
Kobo app for android logs in and displays the list of books but then all books get stuck in “Waiting for download” state. Kindle app didn’t have such problems.

I also tried Youtube, remote desktop, Gmail and Angry Birds and that worked well.

All-in-all, I’m quite happy with this experiment as it shows once again that Kindle books can cross device boundaries and run even on competing devices. Does it add value to Kindle or NOOKcolor? I think both. If you have Barnes&Noble LCD eReader you can now get books from either store. Kindle opponents meanwhile have one less reason to complain about device-restricting DRM system.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
Tess89
Enthusiast
Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm not real crazy about Kindle for Android. On my NC, there is some lagging when it comes to page turns which doesn't make for a pleasant reading experience. And out of all the reader apps, the kindle app seems to be the least customizable.
Tess89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
swallman
Enthusiast
swallman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Actually, I like the Kindle app better since it allows me to go with a darker background (I tend to read in bed at night a lot). The NC "night" mode doesn't have a dark enough background for me. If they would fix that, I'd be more likely to purchase my books from B&N vs. Amazon.
swallman is offline   Reply With Quote