Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
pda_junkie
Enthusiast
pda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watch

Device: Pocketbook 360, Kobo Glo
Ratings gone

Hi

I'm having some problems, hope someone can help. I just imported my library into a new computer and all my ratings are not showing up. Everything else is fine (tags, metadata, etc) but no ratings.

Is this a bug or did I miss something? This is driving me nuts since I have over 1,000+ books and I really need those ratings.

Thanks!
pda_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda_junkie View Post
Hi

I'm having some problems, hope someone can help. I just imported my library into a new computer and all my ratings are not showing up. Everything else is fine (tags, metadata, etc) but no ratings.

Is this a bug or did I miss something? This is driving me nuts since I have over 1,000+ books and I really need those ratings.

Thanks!
does the Ratings column title show? It may be hidden, shrunk to a thin line.
Open the meta-data editor on a title that is known to have been rated. Do you see it there?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 02:22 AM   #3
pda_junkie
Enthusiast
pda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watch

Yes, the ratings column still shows and all the files are showing as zero stars so it's not just one or two ratings that are gone.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:58 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Simply put if you followed the guidelines for moving your library to a new computer you can't lose anything. But you have stated that you imported your library to a new computer which indicates straying from the basic copy the library to the new computer then point calibre to that library scenario.

How did you import your library?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
pda_junkie
Enthusiast

I copied the calibre library into a thumb drive from my old pc, then transferred it onto my desktop in my new pc. I then installed Calibre on my new pc and then used Wizard to import the files into a new Calibre library on my documents after which I deleted the calibre library that was on my desktop.
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 07:40 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
then used Wizard to import the files into a new Calibre library on my documents after which I deleted the calibre library that was on my desktop.
I'm officially confused. If you used the welcome wizard to tell calibre where your library was then there was no importing of books and you should have the same setup as before you moved it.

Maybe someone will come along with more insight.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:41 AM   #7
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
If you've still got a copy on your thumb drive, COPY this to the new PC, then click on the library icon, and point it to the copied library.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I'm officially confused. If you used the welcome wizard to tell calibre where your library was then there was no importing of books and you should have the same setup as before you moved it.

Maybe someone will come along with more insight.
I am thinking he ran "Add books", which would ignore the Metadata.db in the folder.

NEVER STORE YOUR LIBRARY ON THE DESKTOP
one click and it is history
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #9
pda_junkie
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I am thinking he ran "Add books", which would ignore the Metadata.db in the folder.

NEVER STORE YOUR LIBRARY ON THE DESKTOP
one click and it is history

Oh.. yes that's what I did.... ok, will try reinstalling from my thumb drive & see if that helps.