Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-18-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
WDecraene
Zealot
WDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enough

Device: A FREE (!!!) replacement cybook gen 3
Cybook replaced

Last Tuesday 12/05 I sent my broken Cybook to Bookeen using DHL. Today when I arrived at work, I already received the repared Cybook. That's less than one week folks !! Ok, shipments Paris/Brussels don't take too long but even so ....

Funny thing though: as far as I could tell only the screen was broken (so shouldn't be covered under the warranty) but they sent a completely new cybook (still have to check firmware version etc. ...) without a word of explanation of why I got a completely new one. The way it's supposed to work, they first ask you for an approval before they start reparing - they didn't do that in this case. Anyone else with that experience ?
WDecraene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't question it. Just accept it that something went right and didn't take long to do so.

If you question it, the e-ink Gods may get angry and break your screen and make you pay to replace it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDecraene View Post
Last Tuesday 12/05 I sent my broken Cybook to Bookeen using DHL. Today when I arrived at work, I already received the repared Cybook. That's less than one week folks !! Ok, shipments Paris/Brussels don't take too long but even so ....

Funny thing though: as far as I could tell only the screen was broken (so shouldn't be covered under the warranty) but they sent a completely new cybook (still have to check firmware version etc. ...) without a word of explanation of why I got a completely new one. The way it's supposed to work, they first ask you for an approval before they start reparing - they didn't do that in this case. Anyone else with that experience ?
Yep - they took mine, said they would be looking into a "problem" - then without warning a new one arrived by courier......
I never did get any feedback as to what the fault was - but a 'new' firmware issue followed, coincidently, a short while later.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
You mean you didn't paid for the change at all ?

Mine was not replaced, just the screen.

I wonder if there isn't a bad series somewhow, and bookeen changes these when they show up at support, to avoid doing that later.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:38 AM   #5
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

well, apart from anything, it was still within the warranty period...
Old 05-18-2009, 08:55 AM   #6
WDecraene
Zealot
WDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enough

GeoffC, you didn't get a bill afterwards, by any chance ??
Old 05-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
well, apart from anything, it was still within the warranty period...
So was mine.

Then, do you know what happends to your screen ? In my case , it was clearly brocken by a shock, not covered by warrenty.

So it would seams that bookeen estimated you weren't directly responsible, and it fit in the warrenty.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #8
GeoffC

Quote:
GeoffC, you didn't get a bill afterwards, by any chance ??

:lol: .... no ....
Old 05-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #9
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
That seems to be the standard procedure for a broken screen controller. I got a new Cybook with returning post when my controller broke. It would have been nice to get and email that they had sent a replacement so I could have been prepared to receive a package early in the morning.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
GeoffC

bookeen have never indicated despatch - it's always been the courier who have done that .....
Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #11
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
bookeen have never indicated despatch - it's always been the courier who have done that .....
I think a support case is different. I wanted some email telling me if they managed to fix it or what they had done.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #12
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I think a support case is different. I wanted some email telling me if they managed to fix it or what they had done.
My original Cy was sent back at their request to see if they could 'find' anything wrong with it - despite numerous requests they refused to feedback what faults they had found .... - they just sent a new one without warning - .....
Old 05-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #13
WDecraene
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
It would have been nice to get and email that they had sent a replacement so I could have been prepared to receive a package early in the morning.
On the other hand, THIS kind of surprise definitely beats a surprise style "hey, you completely screwed up your machine so you'll have to buy another one".
Old 05-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #14
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
My original Cy was sent back at their request to see if they could 'find' anything wrong with it - despite numerous requests they refused to feedback what faults they had found .... - they just sent a new one without warning - .....
That's weird. I wonder why i paid for replacement when some other didn't.

Quote:
that was faster than my france to france shipement. Post when on strike, and bookeen waited for my "go". I did recieve an email telling me my package was gone (oh, probably though the order system that was used for paiment)
Old 05-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #15
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
That's weird. I wonder why i paid for replacement when some other didn't.
Broken screen is not covered by waranty, but if the electronics show to be failing it not the same case.

It seems that there is to some screen failure (but not broken screen) that are under the waranty (it seems that is what some people call "broken screen controller" even if I doubt this is really the case)
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote