Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #16
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
A freebie today from my wishlist:

NOLS Cookery: 6th Edition by Claudia Pearson

http://www.amazon.com/NOLS-Cookery-E.../dp/B00CDWVOGC
Thanks. Same deal at amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.ca/NOLS-Cookery-6t.../dp/B00CDWVOGC
Old 08-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #17
Brendan Moody
Groupie
Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kindle Fire HD 8.9 4G LTE, LG Ultimate 2
Today's U.S. non-fiction Kindle Daily Deal is As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto for $1.99. This was a Daily Deal last year on this day (August 15 is Child's birthday), so you may have picked it up then. If not, I'd recommend it. Even if you don't care about cooking, the letters are a fascinating window into 1950s upper-class lives.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #18
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Moody View Post
Today's U.S. non-fiction Kindle Daily Deal is As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto for $1.99. This was a Daily Deal last year on this day (August 15 is Child's birthday), so you may have picked it up then. If not, I'd recommend it. Even if you don't care about cooking, the letters are a fascinating window into 1950s upper-class lives.
I did and it does.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #19
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
newly free from stackpole:
  • Haunted Presidents: Ghosts in the Lives of the Chief Executives by Charles A. Stansfield Jr
  • The Last Drop: Operation Varsity, March 24-25, 1945 by Stephen L. Wright
http://www.amazon.com/s/?rh=n:154606...sher=stackpole
Old 08-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #20
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
newly free from stackpole:
  • Haunted Presidents: Ghosts in the Lives of the Chief Executives by Charles A. Stansfield Jr
  • The Last Drop: Operation Varsity, March 24-25, 1945 by Stephen L. Wright
Thanks. I bit on the free Haunted Presidents ebook.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #21
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The Secret History of the U-2 (free PDF)

Or, as NBC is hyping it, Area 51 and its purpose declassified: No UFOs, but lots of U-2 spy planes

In other words, some of the most fascinating stories to come out of the Cold War are now being declassified. From the article with the documents from George Washington University:
Quote:
What the CIA released in response to a 2005 Freedom of Information Act request is a substantially less redacted version of a history of two key aerial reconnaissance programs. Written by agency historians Gregory Pedlow and Donald Welzenbach, and titled The Central Intelligence Agency and Overhead Reconnaissance: The U-2 and OXCART Programs, 1954-1974, the study was published in classified channels in 1992. Subsequently, a heavily redacted version of the U-2 portion was published, in 1998, by the agency's Center for the Study of Intelligence as a book, The CIA and the U-2 Program, 1954-1974, in conjunction with a CIA conference on the U-2. The full study, in redacted form, had been released in response to FOIA requests.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to get the individual chapters as scan-based PDFs. An earlier link to a copy of the entire document resulted in a corrupted download, and has now been replaced with a torrent file.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:13 AM   #22
itisbomb
Addict
itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 4
The Courtiers
by Lucy Worsley

is today's Kindle Daily Deal. It can be downloaded for $2.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=1000677541

Below is the blurb:
Kensington Palace is now most famous as the former home of Diana, Princess of Wales, but the palace's glory days came between 1714 and 1760, during the reigns of George I and II . In the eighteenth century, this palace was a world of skulduggery, intrigue, politicking, etiquette, wigs, and beauty spots, where fans whistled open like switchblades and unusual people were kept as curiosities. Lucy Worsley's The Courtiers charts the trajectory of the fantastically quarrelsome Hanovers and the last great gasp of British court life. Structured around the paintings of courtiers and servants that line the walls of the King's Staircase of Kensington Palace-paintings you can see at the palace today-The Courtiers goes behind closed doors to meet a pushy young painter, a maid of honor with a secret marriage, a vice chamberlain with many vices, a bedchamber woman with a violent husband, two aging royal mistresses, and many more. The result is an indelible portrait of court life leading up to the famous reign of George III , and a feast for both Anglophiles and lovers of history and royalty.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #23
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
Question re: Courtiers on Amazon

Does anyone know what the format for this book is, i.e., mobi or the dreaded topaz? Thanks!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #24
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumadona View Post
Does anyone know what the format for this book is, i.e., mobi or the dreaded topaz? Thanks!
You can download a sample and check...
Old 08-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #25
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Re: Courtier

Unfortunately, I'm not home but in a spot where I'm lucky to get email or read this board. By the time I'd be able to download anything, the sale will be over. If I see something good, I usually order then download later. Thanks for the tip, though - appreciate the thought.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #26
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumadona View Post
Unfortunately, I'm not home but in a spot where I'm lucky to get email or read this board. By the time I'd be able to download anything, the sale will be over. If I see something good, I usually order then download later. Thanks for the tip, though - appreciate the thought.
The sample is in the AZW3 format.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #27
Plumadona
Groupie

Re: Courtier

Thanks so much!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #28
koland
Grand Sorcerer

repeat freebie from stackpole:
  • The Barefoot Sisters Southbound (Adventures on the Appalachian Trail) by Lucy Letcher
Old 08-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #29
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
repeat freebie from stackpole:
  • The Barefoot Sisters Southbound (Adventures on the Appalachian Trail) by Lucy Letcher
When you say repeat, I'm not sure if you're getting it confused with the similar one they ran a couple of weeks ago, Barefoot Sisters Walking Home (Adventures on the Appalachian Trail) by Lucy Letcher and Susan Letcher, or if they gave it away sometime in the past. When I first saw it, I first thought, "Didn't they just give that one away?!?"
Old 08-19-2013, 11:44 PM   #30
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
When you say repeat, I'm not sure if you're getting it confused with the similar one they ran a couple of weeks ago, Barefoot Sisters Walking Home (Adventures on the Appalachian Trail) by Lucy Letcher and Susan Letcher, or if they gave it away sometime in the past. When I first saw it, I first thought, "Didn't they just give that one away?!?"
The one Karen posted was free before on/around November 26, 2011.
Closed Thread