Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #91
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by booknerd391 View Post
The Kindle's going to be at Best Buy! So I think I'm going to go pre-order it there, too, and If I can get it earlier than October 24, I'll cancel my Amazon pre-order.
Great idea! I've never had problems returning items to Best Buy so I may go that route too. On the other hand, they are having financial trouble and I would be up a creek without a paddle if I have problems and they go out of business....
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #92
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Talking Not much difference...

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
I'm a California resident who pre-ordered the KPW before the sales tax change started. Since it's not shipping until after the sales tax charge, will they charge me sales tax? The invoice right now does not have sales tax.
The tax will be charged if it ships after September 15th, which was when Amazon and CA agreed Amazon should start charging customers sales tax for all orders.

Even if any Amazon shipped with no California Sales Tax, you have always been legally bound to pay that tax via your California Tax return, so it shouldn't matter.

Surely you like paying Sales tax? It pays for police, fire, schools, roads and so on. It would be wrong to evade paying Sales Tax.
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #93
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by detayls View Post
... Surely you like paying Sales tax? It pays for police, fire, schools, roads and so on. It would be wrong to evade paying Sales Tax.
I thought we were not supposed to discuss politics in this forum.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #94
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Only 4 more days!

Only take note of the following if your Kindle Paperwhite and cover are on separate orders (if on the same order, do not touch as the shipping date of your Kindle will be pushed back - Amazon handles changes in shipping speeds as new orders).

I ordered a tan cover on September 6 and got a shipping date of October 30. Today I changed the shipping speed to 2 days and my shipping date changed to October 5! So it anyone has a really late shipping date for the cover, it might be worthwhile to play around with the shipping speed.

Last edited by JoHunt; 09-28-2012 at 03:35 PM.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #95
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Could it be that they don't update the estimate that they've given you at the time of the original cover, even if it's really changed. Or, IOW, could it be that you would have received it earlier w/o toying with the order?
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #96
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Could it be that they don't update the estimate that they've given you at the time of the original cover, even if it's really changed. Or, IOW, could it be that you would have received it earlier w/o toying with the order?
I think it possibly would have been shipped prior to October 30, but I have no way of knowing. I just feel much better now that I have a more reasonable shipping date for the cover
Old 09-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #97
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
My blue case for the paperwhite had a delivery date of October 30th. So following Joe's example I changed my shipping to one-day (am on prime) and it now has a delivery date of October 2nd! So much happier about that.
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #98
Top Tomato
Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
I'm a California resident who pre-ordered the KPW before the sales tax change started. Since it's not shipping until after the sales tax charge, will they charge me sales tax? The invoice right now does not have sales tax.
I'm a CA resident who did a big Amazon order on Sept 14, just before they started collecting sales tax. Everything in that order was shipped after the Sept 15 CA tax collection start date (one was even a week later), and none of the items were charged tax. And items I ordered this week were charged tax.

So, from my experience, we will not be charged CA tax for Kindles ordered prior to Sept 15.
Top Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:31 AM   #99
JoHunt
I am what I am

Attention color freaks: a new color has been added to the Paperwhite covers - royal purple. I pre-ordered this color and my delivery date is now the same as the Paperwhite

Only 3 more days !!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #100
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
I called my local best buy yesterday, and they said they didnt even have any of the paperwhites on order. So Im definitely stuck waiting till the 25
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #101
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
I'm so excited, this is the reader that I've been wanting for so long! I'm using free super saver shipping so I won't have it in my hands until a week or longer after the release date. I'm hoping that I will receive it by Friday.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #102
Nicky_oz
Enthusiast
Nicky_oz doesn't litterNicky_oz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, Nook, Kindle Keyboard, iPad.
I also changed my shipping to two day shipping and it moved it up a week, to OCtober 25th. I ordered it today though. we'll see what happens.
Nicky_oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #103
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
I too made the shipping change on my Ink Blue cover and I now have a 10/2 arrival like my PW (was originally 10/31)
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #104
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I went to my local bestbuy to preorder as my amazon shipment is due on 10/25. After everything was said and done, I ponied up $50 for a giftcard, and then the bb computer spit out of a date of 11/25, then the guy proceded to tell me that wasnt too bad as the paperwhite wasnt going to be released until Oct. 29 anyway.

Moral of the story is I dont think/know that BB is a viable release day place to get it.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #105
jswinden
Nameless Being

Since many of us with one day shipping are tentatively scheduled for deliveries of our PW on Tuesday October 2, then Amazon is tentatively scheduled to begin shipping them on Monday October 1. Last year when they shipped the first batch of pre-ordered Fires many of us with one day shipping got them a day earlier than the tentatively scheduled day for delivery. In other words, we got them on the day they were tentatively scheduled to begin shipping.

So if, and that is a big IF, Amazon ships the PW in time to be delivered a day earlier than tentatively scheduled, in other words to be delivered on Monday, then we should see our shipping status change to "Shipping Soon" either today (Saturday) or tomorrow (Sunday). Like I said that is a big if and they might not ship until Monday, or even later.