Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 08-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
Kangarookoo
Kangarookoo began at the beginning.

Device: Vivid
cannot access the internal memory or micro SD card on my ebook reader

I Just bought a Vivid Ebook Reader from Aldi store this week.

I am having a problem with the ebook reader, and cannot access the internal memory or micro SD card on my ebook reader. When I connect the mini USB cable plug to my ebook reader, and the other end to the USB port to my computer, there is no windows popup automatically on the computer with the driver F: or G:, althought I also check on "My Computer" but there is no driver on the ebook reader (either F: or G: or any other letter), so I cannot access the ebook reader driver from the computer to copy/transfer the file to my ebook reader. I still have tried to another computer, but I still cannot access the ebook reader on my internal memory or micro SD card. It looks like the case that the computer does not recognised the ebook reader device (or the dirver is missing???).

And is VIvid Ebook Reader same as the miGear Ebook Reader? I checked the specification of both and it looks the same?
Kangarookoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
sands1806
sands1806 began at the beginning.

Device: prestigio libretto
I have the same problem with my prestigio e-book reader.I bough it tonight,and i plugged it into computer but nothing happend..computer won`t recognize the reader..i thought that maybe problem was with battery charging but nothing happens even than..i tried even reset button,but still nothing..I don`t know what to do,can it be turned for the first time even if battery isn`t fully charged or after all is something wrong with the reader ?
sands1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
brachios
brachios began at the beginning.

Device: Vivid
I also bought the Vivid Ebook Reader from Aldi this week and have a similar problem. Yesterday (Saturday) I could see the device on two PC’s with Windows 7 and now it is showing up as an unformatted drive and therefore unreadable. I called the support ‘1800’ number today and to my surprise the call was answered and during the conversation the consultant said there were a lot of calls with problems re this “Ereader”.
I suggest if your PC is not detecting the device the windows drive allocation may need to be reset to another ‘letter’.
brachios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #4
solsoft
solsoft began at the beginning.

Device: generic
Hi, I too bought one of these to have a play.
The batteries are fully flat and it needs to be plugged in for a couple of hours before it will do anything.
If windows fails to recognise it try plugging it in switched off, also try rebooting the comp with it plugged in. If you can see it you can try reformatting. There are system files there - but they are regenerated if you reset (pin in the back) so formatting does no harm except any files on it are lost, of course.
The firmware has the same version number as the MiGear and they are the same chip. But all these cheap e-readers probably have different firmwares packaged for the middleman seller.
I really got this one to see if I could flash a better firmware - but they certainly don't make this easy.
The problem I have and which makes this book a fail is that it doesn't save bookmarks when you switch off. I'll play with it some more and then return it.
solsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Of course a memory cardreader can be used to transfer eBooks directly to any SD card which can then be plugged into the device card slot and read on these devices as a work around.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #6
solsoft
solsoft began at the beginning.

Device: generic
Just as a follow-up. I flashed the Vivid with the Migear firmware this morning. Everything pretty much the same except it now says Migear on the startup screen instead of Vivid. Menu's, settings everything else pretty much the same. The big improvement is that it saves bookmarks after it has been shutdown and restarted.
solsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #7
toriden19
toriden19 began at the beginning.

Device: 7" 4GB EBOOK READER VIDEO MP3 MULTIMEDIA PLAYER E-READER
I was bought a 7" 4GB EBOOK READER VIDEO MP3 MULTIMEDIA PLAYER E-READER and I used to be able to see the partition when I went into 'books' but then I updated it with some new books and the partition was gone and it now longer reads my micro SD at all! What have I done and how can I fix this?
toriden19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by toriden19 View Post
I was bought a 7" 4GB EBOOK READER VIDEO MP3 MULTIMEDIA PLAYER E-READER and I used to be able to see the partition when I went into 'books' but then I updated it with some new books and the partition was gone and it now longer reads my micro SD at all! What have I done and how can I fix this?
It is likely that something corrupted the card. Perhaps you pulled it out or disconnected with un-mounting it. The best method is to use a card reader and plug that into your computer directly with the card installed. You can then see if it can be read with the computer and perhaps run a diskcheck program or try temporarily removing the books you added and try again. Be sure and unmount the device before unplugging it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
ClareK
Connoisseur
ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Laser
For what it's worth, I have had a Migear ereader for several months and I love it, but I have had to overcome a few problems with it. Before I charge it each time I try to remember to change the display settings so that the light is only on for a short time - if it remains on, it is extremely slow to charge. Also, when I've accidentally used a different USB connector it hasn't charged, and of course the computer wouldn't have recognised it but I didn't realise that. The battery became completely flat and I assumed I had lost all my data, but it was fine once I'd charged it properly. I now use a wall charger - it's faster, and I can read while it's charging. There have been a few other minor hassles, but I love the fact I can read in the dark, and I like being able to have photos etc on the same device.
ClareK is offline   Reply With Quote