Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
queens_own
queens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to behold

Device: Pixelar mreader
Where on this forum

Hi,
I have and use a Pixelar mreader S6-5w...where abouts on this forum should I look for information and write about this ereader?
I thought it was under Hanlin but I have been advised to seek the apropriate section???
Ken
queens_own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Maybe you have been right to post it in the Hanlin section.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
The Hanlin eBook section looks right to me. I don't know who advised you to look elsewhere, but perhaps they weren't aware of the relationship between Handlin and the Pixelar MReader.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #4
queens_own
queens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to behold

Device: Pixelar mreader
Hi,
Well someone called 'Stormchild' has twice now said that it isn't a Hanlin product and therefore should be elsewhere, this is very confusing!
if this forum does support my Pixelar S6-5w then where should I be looking?
I can only say that my mreader is advertised as and sold as a Pixelar ereader, if it is something else then I'm unaware of it.
I do not think its helpful for anyone to just be negative without offering a solution.... so any help would be greatfully accepted. (Before I become dissillusioned)
Ken
Ken
queens_own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I don't think that Stormchild meant to be negative at all, it is some kind of help to tell someone that he is looking for help at the wrong place.

If your reader is not a Hanlin device then we don't have a special subforum for him. All the posts referring to this reader should then go to the general place where you've answered two posts on July 11th. And please don't become disillusioned if you will get only little feedback - it may be that only very few members here own this Pixelar reader.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The basic problem, as Billi very rightly says, is that you've bought a reading device that nobody ever seems to have heard of. If you had a Kindle, nook, or Kobo, there are lots of people here who'd be only too happy to help you, but having what seems to be a completely unknown device, you're struggling.

The simplest solution, really, would be to return it to the place you bought it (if that's possible - and I fully appreciate that it may not be) and get one of the popular readers.

In the mean time, the "More eBook Readers" forum (where I see you've already posted) is the correct place, but unfortunately I don't think that many people are going to be able to assist you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #7
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by queens_own View Post
Hi,
Well someone called 'Stormchild' has twice now said that it isn't a Hanlin product and therefore should be elsewhere, this is very confusing!
if this forum does support my Pixelar S6-5w then where should I be looking?
I can only say that my mreader is advertised as and sold as a Pixelar ereader, if it is something else then I'm unaware of it.
I do not think its helpful for anyone to just be negative without offering a solution.... so any help would be greatfully accepted. (Before I become dissillusioned)
Ken
Ken
This thread is the first item on the list when googleing "Pixelar mreader S6-5w". Among the search results there was a link to reviewcentre.com, and while the reviews wouldn't be much help to you, there is a reply to a review which starts with "Hi, I bought the Chinese model of Pixelar's new e-Reader, the MReader S6-5W." This person gives an email address, so maybe you can communicate.

I'm not sure what difference, if any, there is between the ereaders manufactured directly (?) by pixelar and the ones manufactured in China but have you tried contacting pixelar directly?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote