Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #33571
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Poor Mr M. These days he doesn't go very far, but an intruder came in his yard early this morning whilst poor Mr M was still locked in. He felt obliged to sort out the territory.

Have been treating headache with paracetamol ibprofen and aspiring (No not all at the same time) - this bluddy headache has been on the go the past couple of weeks. I even managed without codeine (because I had none). funny the other night 2 glasses of red wine and I felt better. Coffee and red wine sometimes good for stupid headache.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #33572
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Poor Mr M. These days he doesn't go very far, but an intruder came in his yard early this morning whilst poor Mr M was still locked in. He felt obliged to sort out the territory.

Have been treating headache with paracetamol ibprofen and aspiring (No not all at the same time) - this bluddy headache has been on the go the past couple of weeks. I even managed without codeine (because I had none). funny the other night 2 glasses of red wine and I felt better. Coffee and red wine sometimes good for stupid headache.
Caffeine can often help treat a headache. I find that Guinness often helps me kick a pesky headache.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #33573
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Caffeine can often help treat a headache. I find that Guinness often helps me kick a pesky headache.
Guinness has caffeine?? Or are these two sentences not thusly related?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #33574
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Caffeine and/or Tylenol sometimes help me stave off a headache, but once it is full blown there isn't really much that can help me. Tylenol or Advil will dull it a bit, but I'm usually out of commission for the day once it gets to a certain point. I will have to try the Guinness trick!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #33575
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Guinness has caffeine?? Or are these two sentences not thusly related?
Not thusly related!
When you feel a migraine coming on, you'll try most anything to ward it off!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #33576
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Donutz?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #33577
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Imigran works for my migraines if you are quick enough at recognising it. But only for a brain headache. it will do nothing for a normal headache.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:42 AM   #33578
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
After convincing my father that our store needs a Facebook page (since we haven't got a website) I'm now taking pictures of the store. Now I need to convice my father to buy one of those mini photo studio set-ups to be able to take nice pictures of (new) products. He's been planning on making one himself for years but has yet to do so and with the FB page I want to be able to post nice product pictures.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #33579
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
After convincing my father that our store needs a Facebook page (since we haven't got a website) I'm now taking pictures of the store. Now I need to convice my father to buy one of those mini photo studio set-ups to be able to take nice pictures of (new) products. He's been planning on making one himself for years but has yet to do so and with the FB page I want to be able to post nice product pictures.
With just the equipment you have in the store, plus a white or blue bed sheet, you can make a light box in about 30 minutes. The biggest concern is the temperature (color) of the light bulbs you use, but most digital cameras today have a wide array of 'white balance' settings to handle this.

Two or three goose-neck clamp-on desk lamps, some PVC pipes and joints to make a cube, line the inside with the sheet, clamp the lamps to the outside, and you're in business! You can do it even faster if you don't want a permenant set-up by cutting the sides out of a cardboard box instead of making a plastic frame.

Both of these work every bit as well as the store bought models. The biggest difference is the ease of setup and the adjustability of lighting placement.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #33580
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
With just the equipment you have in the store, plus a white or blue bed sheet, you can make a light box in about 30 minutes. The biggest concern is the temperature (color) of the light bulbs you use, but most digital cameras today have a wide array of 'white balance' settings to handle this.

Two or three goose-neck clamp-on desk lamps, some PVC pipes and joints to make a cube, line the inside with the sheet, clamp the lamps to the outside, and you're in business! You can do it even faster if you don't want a permenant set-up by cutting the sides out of a cardboard box instead of making a plastic frame.

Both of these work every bit as well as the store bought models. The biggest difference is the ease of setup and the adjustability of lighting placement.

Stitchawl
I know it's easy to make and my father's been planning on making one for years but he never does (and if I make one it will not be good enough, of course). I also assume the ready-made studios are easy to set up and take down and I know that if my father makes something it will be anything but easy to use .

I'm not too worried about colour temperature for FB pictures, which are just to give an overview of what we have and to post new products. If my father wants to have good colour we can make our own lighting system since we've got the daylight lamps in stock.

I know that the Mediamarkt has a mini studio but I didn't like that lighting set-up so I'll ask the photography shop across the canal if they have or can get something.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:07 AM   #33581
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I also assume the ready-made studios are easy to set up and take down and I know that if my father makes something it will be anything but easy to use .
Many of them are just like putting up a camping tent; a frame interlocking fiberglass poles and a light defusing sheet to hook to the frame. I made one using a set of replacement tent poles, some shower curtain hooks, and a piece of cloth. Took about 20 minutes.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #33582
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Many of them are just like putting up a camping tent; a frame interlocking fiberglass poles and a light defusing sheet to hook to the frame. I made one using a set of replacement tent poles, some shower curtain hooks, and a piece of cloth. Took about 20 minutes.

Stitchawl
Ah, it sounds so easy, but with those kinds of projects my father only thinks how he wants it and not how to do it in the most practical way. The photo shop has a small studio set with four different backgrounds and two lights, it's small (40x40cm) but we haven't got a lot of big items to photograph so it'll be good enough for most situations.

I've also downloaded some old photo's from the city's archive. One is so nice I might order it in print to frame it and put up in the store. The archive now also has scans of the local newspaper until somewhere in the 1960s and I've searched for our address. I mostly come across advertisements looking for mechanics, two ads looking for maids (one in 1939 asked for a "net meisje", a nice girl). I also found the announcement my father was born and an ad from 1960 asking if anyone had information about dog Tommy who had ran away (he was eventually found).
Old 04-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #33583
SandyHarper
Banned
SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: kindle
I am getting ready to sleep.
SandyHarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #33584
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post

naughty Mr M. He has a bald patch in his armpit as a result of the cat biffo the other night. And now he licks and licks and I think the bald patch is getting bigger. I am doing my best to distract him, but I think he is going to lick off all the fur under his arm. The area seems wet all the time. I am not sure how to proceed or how long to let him keep doing it before I take serious action.

Bloke said to put the collar on from the vet, but that will drive him crazy. pleaaaaaaaaase!
Old 04-29-2012, 03:56 AM   #33585
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Packing for a day and a half with my friends' new dog.

I'm very glad they're going to the camping because tonight it's Queen's Night, because there's a big podium on the church square and music until 1am, and tomorrow, besides the church square, there's a podium around the corner from us with music from 2pm until 9pm. My friends usually return around 4pm so I still have to endure a couple of hours of noise (can't call it music) but it's better than enduring it all. However, with the good weather predicted tomorrow I know I won't be able to get to our door with my bike and bags tomorrow afternoon so I'm bringing back my stuff tomorrow morning and then walk back to my friends' place to enjoy the quiet for a couple of hours more.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?