Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #31
HD10180
HD10180 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I bought the one from chapters store too about 30 bucks, the one which opens like a book and fits nicely the Kobo Touch!
HD10180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:48 AM   #32
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina182B View Post
When I bought my KT at the Borders store, the rep recommended the Verso case, so I bought it. But when I got home & opened it, it was too big for the KT. It had about two more inches at the top, so I returned it. Not sure if Verso has made a case for the KT, so I would double check if it's the size you're looking for first before buying it.

I asked for any other cases specifically for the KT, but they didn't have any yet (this was on Friday). Said they are planning on getting something end of the month.
Except that liquidation begins as soon as Friday at some Borders stores....might be a good idea to check and see if they'll still be getting those cases in, as the stores are expected to be closed by September.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #33
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
When I bought my KT at the Borders store, the rep recommended the Verso case, so I bought it. But when I got home & opened it, it was too big for the KT. It had about two more inches at the top, so I returned it. Not sure if Verso has made a case for the KT, so I would double check if it's the size you're looking for first before buying it.

I asked for any other cases specifically for the KT, but they didn't have any yet (this was on Friday). Said they are planning on getting something end of the month.
Are you referring to the Verso "hoodie" style sleeve (foldover top)? I did purchase that one, and I was thinking of popping some hard styrofoam or some such thing at the bottom of the case - as a "base"
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #34
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedJ View Post
From what I can see, the closest match to the KT at the moment is the Sony PRS-650... perhaps cases designed for them are an option.
When I sized up the cases at m-edge - this was the one that came closest size wise as well...I had decided to order it right as they pulled half of their sony cases...and the company told me they have no intention of making one specific for the KT. I'm sad.

My Sony 505 case stopped working for me - it kept spitting my KT into my purse and was giving me a heart attack each time it happened. I found a universal case at Best Buy - brand name was Werx. It looks to be long enough to hold a kindle or older Kobo, but the elastic corner straps also hold the KT in snuggly. The one top strap does cover the power button but I still have no problem using it.

I'm keeping my eye on the M-Edge site, though, because the second they bring back the prs-650 covers - I'm ordering!
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #35
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
This one looks quite nice:

http://www.casecrown.com/ebook-reade...gal-flip-black

Though I have some concerns that it could make the home button hard to access.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:48 AM   #36
anonymoose
bookaholic
anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch, Kobo app on iPhone
If you don't mind ordering from Canada, it looks like the Chapters site finally updated the KT covers and sleeves. Just scroll down past the KTs on this page and you'll see them on this and on the 2nd page. The covers on the 1st page will flip open like a book, and have elastic corner straps to hold the KT.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/home/s...ch&pageSize=12
anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:16 AM   #37
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I wish the posted more pictures though. I want to see what the opne cover looks like with the Kobo in it!!

I want to see how well made the corner fastenings are. Are they done with any "finesse" or are they just diagonal pieces of elastic?
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:53 PM   #38
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
So here's my version of a case for my Kobo Touch. I primarily use a DVD case with the insides cut out, but I wanted something a little beefier to put in my luggage etc where it might get crushed or twisted. Made of maple with a Lexan plexiglass "lid".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo case 1.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	74942   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo case 2.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	74943  
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #39
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit
Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://www.extremeinkjet.com/BookArm...armorkobot.htm

I rather fancied this one, for the brackets inside, but perhaps it makes the whole unit too bulky to hold?

Anyone tried this yet? I'm still awaiting the arrival of my Touch in Australia.

Also, does anyone use a screen protector? does it create a shine on the page?
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:19 AM   #40
anonymoose
bookaholic
anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch, Kobo app on iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I wish the posted more pictures though. I want to see what the opne cover looks like with the Kobo in it!!

I want to see how well made the corner fastenings are. Are they done with any "finesse" or are they just diagonal pieces of elastic?
If I get into one of the stores in the next couple of days I'll take a photo and upload it. I believe they are coloured elastic but are firmly fixed to the cover.
anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:26 AM   #41
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by know-one View Post
Dvd case for mine, as discussed in other threads.
I was so delighted with the industrial-strength rental-DVD box I had my Wi-fi Kobo in -- bombproof. The Touch rattles around in there, sadly.
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:37 AM   #42
EMG
EMG began at the beginning.

These guys don't yet have a case for the KT, but I'm keeping an eye open. They are expensive, but they look amazing!

http://www.oberondesign.com/nook.php
EMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:22 AM   #43
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG View Post
These guys don't yet have a case for the KT, but I'm keeping an eye open. They are expensive, but they look amazing!

http://www.oberondesign.com/nook.php
Just showed wife those, I think she might be keeping an eye on them too

I personally would love something like the Dodocase that is for Kindle (http://www.dodocase.com/products/dodocase-for-kindle).

In the interim I've cut up an old Moleskine which isn't too bad. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:24 AM   #44
Nina182B
Connoisseur
Nina182B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Cybook Opus, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
Are you referring to the Verso "hoodie" style sleeve (foldover top)? I did purchase that one, and I was thinking of popping some hard styrofoam or some such thing at the bottom of the case - as a "base"
Yes, that's the one I bought and returned. It was made more for a Kindle.
Nina182B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #45
Nina182B
Connoisseur
Nina182B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Cybook Opus, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
Quote:
After much searching, I've decided to buy a hand made sleeve from etsy.com. There are some cute designs. I've leaning towards the seller "bertie's closet" here:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/bertiesclos...=bertiescloset
Here are the pics from my etsy order. I'm really happy with my sleeve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2265.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	74993   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2266.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	74994   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2267.jpg
Views:	374