Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 01:00 AM   #1
QDman
QDman began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Question Replacement Stylus

I'm quite happy with the stylus that came with my PE. I shall be quite unhappy when I lose it.

Planning ahead, does anyone know if there's a source for replacement stylii (is that a word?)?

I just want something that will fit into the PE like the OE stylus does.
QDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:16 AM   #2
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
http://www.amazon.com/Penabled-Table...5056043&sr=8-1 this was brought up as a stylus that fits in the PE and the EE and works on the e-ink
http://www.compusa.com/applications/...?EdpNo=1433829
This is a stylus that is the size of a real pen and also works on e-ink.
Links found on this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=stylus
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:41 AM   #3
jmgazer
jmgazer began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
EBay item# 300574582744

Jim
jmgazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
QDman

I love you guys a million times. :-)
Old 07-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
KatyR
KatyR began at the beginning.

Great minds...
Don't know where you're located but if you're north of the 49th, this might work for you;
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=15051638691
NewEgg also carries them, but I really like the free shipping part of the above.
KatyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
QDman

Thanks, Katy! Free is my favorite price. ;-)
Old 07-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
KatyR

Mine too... should also report that I ordered mine yesterday and it arrived today... now I won't have to worry at all about being without.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
My wife threw out her old palm pilot and she gave me her two stylus. It doesn't fit snug in my PE, but it'll do when I lose my original one.

I'm going to put a screen protector on my screens this weekend. I already see scratches where the stylus is used on the screen to unlock the screen (ermine 2.1).

I got two Samsung Galaxy Tab screen protectors from TJ Max for $4.99 and will cut it to size. Advertised as military grade - lol...

Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #9
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Looks like Amazon is cheapest in the US for that at about $20.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000085BD9
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #10
QDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTec View Post

Unless you want the used one for $8.99.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #11
KatyR

Personally, I wanted a stylus that fit cleanly, so that's why I went with this one... as for a protector, I've still got the plastic film stuck to my screen driving me nuts, waiting for my protector to arrive... don't want to risk the screen. I just got something off eBay for a few dollars to cut down to fit. I will be so glad to open that package!
Old 07-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #12
garyhgaryh
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTec View Post

I am in no way a rich guy and neither am I poor, but I will NOT pay $20 for a stylus! I've seen stylus at my local staples on clearance for $1.00 or less.

You may laugh, but I'll end up buying another $125 PE for the stylus so I can use it as parts or I rather buy a broken one on ebay for a few bucks.
Gary
Old 07-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #13
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Gary, you must realise not all stylus are created equal. The PE and EE stylus has a rather large amount of electronics in it to allow it to work with the e-ink screen. Unless the stylus is a penenabled one it will only work on the LCD screen, as would a plastic knitting needle.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #14
garyhgaryh
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Gary, you must realise not all stylus are created equal. The PE and EE stylus has a rather large amount of electronics in it to allow it to work with the e-ink screen. Unless the stylus is a penenabled one it will only work on the LCD screen, as would a plastic knitting needle.
The Stylus on the PE has electronics in it? If that's the case, then $20 is worth it, but I'm not convince it does.
Gary
Old 07-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #15
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
I am in no way a rich guy and neither am I poor, but I will NOT pay $20 for a stylus! I've seen stylus at my local staples on clearance for $1.00 or less.

You may laugh, but I'll end up buying another $125 PE for the stylus so I can use it as parts or I rather buy a broken one on ebay for a few bucks.
Gary
unfortunately, on the reader side you do need the wacom stylus because i believe there is some special chip inside that interacts with the screen. you can use any old stylus on the tablet side but the other side you are stuck with a proprietary one.

i emailed wacom and they said the ones they use for tablet pc's would work on the PE
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote