Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2015, 05:24 PM   #1
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
Pages in footnote don't change - KEPUB

After conversion of my EPUB books to KEPUB with the Kepub Output Plugin, the pages at the bottom do not change. They are fine at the beggining, but when the 1st chapter starts, the number freezes. Here are the settings I have used. The same situation is with the KoboTouch extended plugin.

What am I doing wrong? Or better stick to EPUB files?

EDIT: I've set the device to show progress in chapter, not entire book, and that seems to work fine. However, the scroll bar is still frozen on the last position I put it on. Seems like some bug with KEPUB.

Last edited by Buhaj47; 01-04-2015 at 11:51 AM.
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Problems in the TOC can cause issues with the page numbering. Kepubs seem to have stricter requirements for the layout of the TOC than epubs do, but converting from epub to kepub with Calibre doesn't change the TOC, so some books that work fine as epubs might need to be manually edited to get them working properly as kepubs.

Edit: As I usually only sideload epubs this might not be completely accurate, but I think for kepubs the order of the entries in the toc needs to exactly match the order of entries in the spine with no gaps or duplicates. Also the per-chapter page numbering is actually per-file numbering, so for it to correspond to chapters there needs to be one chapter in each file.

Edit2: And I should put a warning that if you make any changes to the toc or spine, then you should delete the original book from the device before reloading the new one, otherwise the old toc and other data can remain in the database and cause problems in the new book.

Last edited by GeoffR; 01-04-2015 at 08:01 PM. Reason: warning ... if you make changes to the toc or spine ...
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Yes, that's about right. I hadn't noticed the ToC vs spine order problem as I think all my books are in that order. But with the problems if there are spine entries that do not have ToC entries, it wouldn't surprise me.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote