Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Adobe DE Weirdness

I just came across a rather odd bug, and I'd appreciate it if people would check their Epub reader and see if it's duplicated there.

My NASA ebook uploads show a rather interesing bug in Adobe DE. There are buttons at the end of each section for next, previous and TOC. The buttons are valid html and work in both Mobipocket and calibre's ebook viewer (in Epub). They do not work in Adobe DE.

I'd like to know if this behavior is the same on ebook reader running Adobe's software. Can everyone please check?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...163#post538163
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #2
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
They work but they don't get highlighted on my prs-505 like regular hyperlinks so you cant really see what you have selected when hitting the enter button.

Great book btw.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
They work but they don't get highlighted on my prs-505 like regular hyperlinks so you cant really see what you have selected when hitting the enter button.

Great book btw.
I was hoping for more responses, but the 505 has the oldest version of Adobe's software. If it's clean then so the later version probably are as well.

And thank you.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
On my EZ Reader (Hanlin V3), with mobile ADE, there does not seem to be a way to select these hyperlinks. This seems to be true of standard hyperlinks also (i.e. hyperlinks in ePub not supported at all).

Since there is a separate TOC which does work, the ebook is still usable. However, since hyperkinks are not supported, neither are the links to references.

This does work well with Desktop FBReader.

I also used Calibre to convert to MOBI, and then EZ Reader was able to follow standard hyperlinks, but it could not detect the hyperlink buttons (although Calibre may have disabled them, since they don't work in Desktop MobiPocket Reader either).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:46 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
On the Opus, all the normal hyperlinks in the text and the TOC work just fine, but the graphical ones at the end of the chapters are not "selectable", hence cannot be used.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert