Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I need Javascript help

I don't know anything about Javascript. I'm going to learn, but for now I need someone to help me. I can teach myself a fair amount from this one example after someone does it for me. Thank you.

This line from a form calls the function. I need the contents of the function moved inside the onChange statement. It must be moved there for this to work.

<select name="CountrySelect" onChange="MM_jumpMenu('parent', this, 0)">

function MM_jumpMenu(targ,selObj,restore){ //v3.0
eval(targ+".location='"+selObj.options[selObj.selectedIndex].value+"'");
if (restore) selObj.selectedIndex=0;
}
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Never mind. I need to start from scratch. Those MaM didn't bother to update their support information. It turns out that Mobipocket format does indeed support Javascript functions inside ebooks. The site says it doesn't. I've spent close to 3 hours on this.
Advert
Old 04-03-2009, 07:15 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Note that Mobipocket's document object model is different from browser's DOM, so you can't just copy/paste code and expect it to work.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:36 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Note that Mobipocket's document object model is different from browser's DOM, so you can't just copy/paste code and expect it to work.
I did see that, yes. But given the inaccuracies in their other info I don't know if I can rely on that page.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I have it working:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...320#post411320
Advert