Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-15-2007, 03:17 AM   #61
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborg View Post
-compatibility to 4gb sd cards => english wikipedia on the cybook!
That would need a hardware change, not a firmware upgrade.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:10 AM   #62
SandySchwab
Mad Author
SandySchwab began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy65 View Post
4) Again, as others have said, the ability to switch on and arrive where you left off ..
At least you arrive in the library with the book you've last read highlighted. So all it takes is another push of the button and you're right were you left off before.
SandySchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #63
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That would need a hardware change, not a firmware upgrade.
how sure are you on this?
laborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:40 AM   #64
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborg View Post
how sure are you on this?
Pretty sure. The controller in the Gen3 doesn't support SDHC cards.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #65
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Pretty sure. The controller in the Gen3 doesn't support SDHC cards.
There are some non-SDHC cards in the 4Gig category. It might be possible to support those devices but I believe your are correct, no SDHC.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #66
Paulius
Paulius began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Nokia 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There are some non-SDHC cards in the 4Gig category. It might be possible to support those devices but I believe your are correct, no SDHC.

Dale
The whole purpose of SDHC was to expand the size of SD cards over 2GB. That definition itself implies that there are no non-SDHC 4GB cards.

Also, this isn't something that could be fixed in a firmware update. This is just them using old chinese hardware to save a few cents per unit.
Paulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #67
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
>The whole purpose of SDHC was to expand the size of SD cards over 2GB.
> That definition itself implies that there are no non-SDHC 4GB cards.

Yes, there are. I own a miniSD one, and they are not hard to find. The theoretical maximum size of non-HC (mini)SD cards is 4GB, not 2.

I tried it in my Cybook, and it works fine when connected to my PC (as a USB disk). I can read and write to it and it shows up with the correct size and free space.

However, the Cybook *software* does not recognize it at all. The standard directories are not created and files on it do not show up in the library.

> Also, this isn't something that could be fixed in a firmware update.

Well, I think it is. If it is physically capable of reading and writing them, and my experience shows that it is, the rest is software.

SDHC support is something else again. I tried an 8GB SDHC card, and it choked on it; it hung at the boot screen.

Regards,

Marco.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:02 PM   #68
kkingdon
Enthusiast
kkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle Paperwhite
I would like to see support for
1) more mobipocket reader navigation features, e.g., inter-document hyperlinks and support for javascript drop-down boxes;
2) pdf zooming; and
3) improved library organization/navigation features, e.g. folder-based navigation.
kkingdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:43 PM   #69
ashalan
Connoisseur
ashalan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ashalan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ashalan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ashalan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ashalan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Javascript support in HTML documents would be kinda sweet.
Even sweeter: an SDK ... pleeeeeeeeease with cherry on top
ashalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #70
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingdon View Post
I would like to see support for
1) more mobipocket reader navigation features, e.g., inter-document hyperlinks and support for javascript drop-down boxes;
2) pdf zooming; and
3) improved library organization/navigation features, e.g. folder-based navigation.
I understood from the Bookeen website that is can zoom PDF's.

Quote:
Zoom page------yes------Only available for PDF format and images with a limited set of zoom possibilities
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:40 AM   #71
srml
Enthusiast
srml has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Cybook Gen3, iPhone
What I'd like to see is:

1. Better PDF support: internal Links in PDFs, support for PDF TOC, zooming

2. Folders

3. Better HTML support: Links between HTML documents, support for more HTML elements (the most important for me would be the <pre> element)

4. An SDK

5. Source code of the GPL'd components
srml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:43 AM   #72
divory
divory began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Gen3, Sony 700, Opus, PB360
1. Folders!
2. On turning on, revert to the last page read.
3. Folders!!

David
divory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:07 AM   #73
leeloo
multipass
leeloo began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
1. Remappable buttons (will never use music, and don't want to lose my place when I accidentally pick up the Cybook by its edges... I hate to think what I'll do if they enable the delete button (: )

2. Tags, rather than folders. Otherwise where will I put that Cyberpunk Romance Recommended-by-Mary that is Not-Read?
leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:49 AM   #74
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
I don't own a Cybook Gen 3 -- I have a Sony PRS500. By I could be induced to switch. It would take a few things:

1. Vastly improved support for large libraries. This could be folders. It could be drill-down menu selection as described by delphidb96. It could be hugely improved tagging. But something. And definitely something better than the one-level drill-down Sony added with the 505.
2. Inter-document hyperlinks. This could be html or pdf or mobi or... The key thing here is that it would let me build #1 on my own if I had to.
3. Better support for large libraries.

Xenophon

Oh yeah... Did I mention that I want better support for large libraries?
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #75
kkingdon
Enthusiast
kkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL View Post
I understood from the Bookeen website that is can zoom PDF's.
I guess I should have said more flexible zooming. Yes, you can "zoom" with a few "limited possibilities": fit to page, fit to width, fit to height, combined with either portrait or landscape display. Of these, only the fit-to-width/landscape mode made my 8.5 inch x 11 inch PDF readable, and that only barely. Personally, I would like a zoomed page mode where I pick the zoom factor as a preference and the display is a "window" on just part of the page that fits; the direction buttons would be used to move the "window" on the image, similar to the image viewer.
kkingdon is offline   Reply With Quote