Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
BIGDAVE
BIGDAVE began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE
Can I automatically add multiple books to my Caibre library?

Hi, I am new to Calibre, the Kindle, and e-books in general.I have folders with dozens of horror novels or a hundred scifi or cookbooks in them.Do I have to add each Mobi file in these folders manually, or is there some way that I can automatically add all of titles in a folder automatically to my Calibre library, and then my Kindle? And if each title in the folder has different versions of the same title? I.E., Mobi, E-Pub etc?

Thanks, Dave!
BIGDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If all you want to add to Calibre is the MOBI version of each ebook, do the following under Windows (I assume something similar works for MAC and Linux):

Choose Add Books -> Add Books from a Single Directory

Navigate to the directory (folder) you want to import

Click on type to sort by filetype. Select all the MOBI files by clicking in the first and then Shift and Clicking on the last (this should select all the MOBIs in the list between the two selections). Now select Open.

You could instead import all versions, but I'm not sure what the best way to do this is (to get one entry per title, rather than one per title per type). I always import one version and then create the others within Calbire.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGDAVE View Post
Hi, I am new to Calibre, the Kindle, and e-books in general.I have folders with dozens of horror novels or a hundred scifi or cookbooks in them.Do I have to add each Mobi file in these folders manually, or is there some way that I can automatically add all of titles in a folder automatically to my Calibre library, and then my Kindle? And if each title in the folder has different versions of the same title? I.E., Mobi, E-Pub etc?

Thanks, Dave!
Automatic. No (you have to select the folder)

For the most part, Calibre will merge (store) various formats of the same title, together.
See the little arrow on the Add Books Icon, second and third items down (hover and balloon help will appear).
in addition, there is a Preferences:Adding Books: AutoMerge AND options
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote