Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 12:29 AM   #841
red_five
red_five began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
I'm having this very problem, only it's with the books of the Bible. I have each book in a separate HTML file, with a TOC file, and I only get Genesis. When I had each chapter of each book in a separate HTML file, I would only get Genesis chapter 1. I just opened a separate topic, and then I found this portion of the LRF output thread. oops.
red_five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #842
red_five
red_five began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Exclamation

Maybe this'll help. I just tried to convert the HTML Bible to ePub, and it worked. Then I converted the ePub to LRF, and that worked as well. I did it on a subset of 3 books to make it quick. Now to do it for the full Bible.
red_five is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #843
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
red_five--

Just wanted to let you know (in case you don't know already) that the King James version of the bible is available for download from this site in both ePub and LRF formats. Both are very nicely formatted IMO.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:02 AM   #844
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Lightbulb Open Source ≠ Gratis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Considering that this is an Open Source application NO ONE is "entitled" to anything.
Actually it's more like because it's gratis Software.

There is also commercial (non gratis) OpenSource (parts of Mac OS X as a well known example) and customers who spend hard earned €$¥£ on commercial OpenSource are just ans entitled to service as those who spend there money on closed source software.

Actually I sell open source software myself and my customers can expect service and bug fixes.

Martin
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #845
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
When converting from ePub font-variant: small-caps; is not preserved. Any other way to have small caps in LRF? I'm pretty sure it supports them, since Sony books have them.
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 03:04 PM   #846
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The HTML code to do that is demonstrated in

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/downloads/html-demo.zip
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:34 PM   #847
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Looked at your sample. So why doesn't font-variant: small-caps work for me with latest calibre?

Last edited by Seventh Son; 09-24-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #848
john folkard
john folkard began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
My machine will not let me on your site as it says that your certificate is self-signed - any ideas how to get round this (alt sites etc)
john folkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #849
Seventh Son
lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by john folkard View Post
My machine will not let me on your site as it says that your certificate is self-signed - any ideas how to get round this (alt sites etc)
Can't you ignore that warning in a browser? If for some reason you can't (like blocked by admin at work), try another computer and browser.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:21 AM   #850
john folkard
john folkard began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
I have just "upgraded" Calibre to 0.6.1.6. The whole book is now in Times Roman italic except where <strong> has been used which is now Times Roman (upright) It has also ignored Trebruchet font. Version 0.5. whatever worked perfectly well. All font calls are via css file.
I upgraded because I had a number of "lost lines" at the end of para's which I hoped would be cured.
john folkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #851
HEC
HEC began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Question Problem with some News Feeds ...

Hi.

First of all - THANKS for a great product. It's usefull once you'll reach a certain limit of books to manage them all both on your PC as well as in your reader.

Now to my problem I have - I've used calibre (0.6.17 but upgraded today to 06.18) to test 20 News Feeds over 3 days (in total 59 news, 1 was just for 2 days) with a bit mixed up results for me newly aquired PRS-505.

Calibre is all set to defaults with output to Sony Reader (LRF) and it's mamanging my collections just fine. However - 9 of 20 News feeds fail to open on my reader and always cause it to reboot - I've tried putting them to internal memorry as well as to both cards (MS & SD) with the same result. They'll indeed open fine within the Calibre itself. My Reader is customized with PRS Customizer 1.04 (UK Version) with custom Fonts, Icons, Languages, Logo, to display time, Personal details and to shutdown via Enter button but I don't think this is causing the problems as hundreds of other and much larger (in file size) books works just fine.

See bellow a full list of all 20 feeds together with file size and page count and indications which are failing. They're all from October 18 (automatic batch at midnight). In general - LARGER (in file size) News books tend to fail with only exception of Telegraph.co.uk (4.9 MB) wich seems to work just fine despite it's larger file size. All the Fetch News Recepies were used as supplied by default.

NAME - File size in MB - Pages - Working Yes / No
CNN - 1.8 - 430 - NO
darknet - 0.1 - 38 - Yes
Fudzilla - 0.9 - 378 - NO
Glasgow Herald - 0.0 (it fails to actually READ the feed) - 6 - Yes (It's empty though)
London Review of Books - 0.2 - 166 - Yes
NASA - 0.3 - 272 - Yes
New Scientist - 1.3 - 701 - NO
Newsweek - 0.5 - 149 - Yes
ScienceDaily - 0.3 - 208 - Yes
securitywatch - 0.1 - 40 - Yes
Slashdot.org - 7.5 - 3,672 - NO
Telegraph.co.uk - 4.9 - 744 - Yes
The BBC - 8.9 - 2,285 - NO
The Daily Mail - 13.6 - 1,539 - NO
The Guardian - 2.9 - 494 - NO
The Scotsman - 0.5 - 379 - Yes
USA Today - 1.1 - 521 - NO
Wikinews - 0.2 - 94 -Yes
Wired.com - 5.2 - 629 - NO
zdnet - 0.2 - 50 - Yes

So - in general the large files with more pages tends to fail to load / cause the reader to Reboot (with above mentioned exception of Telegraph). Any advice? Thanks.

Last edited by HEC; 10-19-2009 at 09:07 AM.
HEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #852
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try using epub output, I've had far better success with feeds that way.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:45 AM   #853
HEC

Yeah - was thinking about using epub. It's just that I prefer LRF (size and paragraph jsutification) but I guess it's not that much important for News feeds anyway. Will try that now and report back.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:56 AM   #854
HEC

Just to update on my previous post - epub NEws seems to work fine so far.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:53 AM   #855
bcumyns
bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 300
The developer has stated that there is a problem in the Sony firmware that prevents News feeds from displaying in LRF properly. Use ePub.
bcumyns is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
html2lrf, libprs500