Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 04:31 AM   #1
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Where my recipes are kept?

I have created my own recipes on one PC and I want to copy them to another PC. I can't find those recipes in the C:\Program Files\Calibre2\resources\recipes

Where are those recipes kept in the system?
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Custom recipes are stored in metadata.db
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
recipes?? As in food? I am confused. I have seem the term used another time, here I think, in regard to ebooks and wondering if I am yet again missing out on something else that I need to learn
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Recipes are my name for the scripts calibre uses to downloada particular news source. A recipe is basicallya set on infstructions that tell calibre how to get the content froma particular news source, just like a food recipe
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Custom recipes are stored in metadata.db
Thanks Kovid.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:11 PM   #6
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Recipes are my name for the scripts calibre uses to downloada particular news source. A recipe is basicallya set on infstructions that tell calibre how to get the content froma particular news source, just like a food recipe
Thanks! That is pretty cool that can be done with Calibre. I really need to look into it more. So far all I have done is add all of my ebooks to it
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:20 AM   #7
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSays View Post
Thanks! That is pretty cool that can be done with Calibre. I really need to look into it more. So far all I have done is add all of my ebooks to it
The RSS feed parser is quite strong. It's the most similar thing to my beloved iPhone Newsrack even if, of course, there is margin for improvement when it comes to reading there. Plus, I like the fact that you can store the news and have them in your reader for as much time as necessary, plus the content index.
I've put $10 already due to the AWESOME that this program distills.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote